Iris Hotel
Oasis Hotel Bungalows Rhodes(Afandou)(Great Value!)
$302
$119
$116
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Golden Days Hotel(Afandou)(Great Value!)
$56
$28
Orbitz.com
$200
Orbitz.com
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsowners georgesaladnext yearpool areahis partnerminute walksoft drinksafandou villagehotel entertainmentdirt trackstayed all inclusivelocal beerrooms are basicall inclusive dealsea viewall inclusive drinksevery meal
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Well stayed at this hotel again in October for a week for my husband's special birthday .This is now our 5th visit .And yes once again we had a great time .
George and Isabelle even gave my Husband a beautiful birthday cake for his birthday .
The hotel was quiet ,as there were only around a dozen guests staying there at the same time.
Again we have no complaints about anything , rooms staff or service, all were spot on.
Food was once again very nice and always plenty of choices .
We got talking to a family of two adults and four children who had never been to Rhodes before , and were a bit unsure about staying in this hotel after reading some negative reviews on here . But they said it was the best holiday they had been on and could not find anything to complain about . The four children had a whale of a time and didn't want to go home .They have already got contact details and are looking to book for next year.

On our last day there were only me and my hubby in the hotel , George cooked us a lovely meal at lunch time .Looking forward to going back again next year.

Room Tip: third floor rooms are best
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank boylorr
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lorraine and I flew back to Afandou October 2nd , and got to Rhodes in record time under 4 hours.
Quick ride in a taxi ( only 30e) saw us in the Iris car park by 9.40pm, (no risk of walking up the bank from a bus)

George and Isabelle had already arranged our room on the third floor , same as last visit in July, Air con switched on , welcome basket in very clean room, keys sorted by the ever helpful Theo .

I managed to blow out all of the room electrics due to a dodgy mosquito plug i had brought with me .
All was fixed within 15mins so we could finish getting showered and out to the Village .
Upon trying to use the usual short cut to the village at the top of the pool area stairs (A rough clay pathway ) our way was blocked by a very large pool of rainwater from the prev day.

We had to go back down to the main road and enter the village by the Afandou Sky road ....the long way round.
After a meal in Daniels and a good few drinks in the Acapulco bar , we came back via the pool
after removing shoes ....of course.

The next morning on catching up with George and Isobelle running over the last few months etc we happened to mention our ''pool '' adventure ........George who did not know about this , went into immeadiate action.
Within one hour of our morning conversation, he and his trusty handyman had removed almost all of the pool , and had made a dry smooth safe crossing, ......now thats fab service folks!

The Hotel was almost empty , it was thier last week , apart from us , there were two young couples , one older couple , a lovely family of six, a single guy on mid journey to Turkey .

The only reason we were there was for my 60th , as i have celebrated my 40th and 50th in Afandou , always home from home for us , so many wonderful people in the village and on the beach at Agathie Kolimbia and Tsambika .

As i have reviewed this Hotel on three occasions now, i know its a broken record ........YOU GET
WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Its not a five star luxury Hotel , it is basic, no entertainment , basic meals , basic rooms etc ...

BUT it is a Fantastic base , with stunning sea views , Fab pool area , The best staff and management anywhere , great service..on one of the best Greek islands....what do want at these prices , it was a week for us at £890 fully inclusive and flights from Newcastle ....thats £63 per day each all in!!!!

Read Lisa s review , the mother of the family of six , two girls and two boys , all having a great time , with no complaints , the kids were having some great meals cooked up by George , and loved the pool.......even though October pool temp is bloody cold .........go on Ryan.....what a tuff little guy he is, great Family who got out and about .

I will never understand how anyone (who should read about the hotel first ) can come here and complain about this Hotel or any of the Management and staff ......if you have any issues see George and he sorts it .......always.......

In all of our many visits to the Iris , i have never had any problems with the meals or food quality , and i have never heard anyone who has .
i should also say its so cheap to go to the Village for a meal Mimies a great ''meat and chicken '' place or Daniels for the italian huge pizza , supporting local business.
Acopulco bar for some really good cocktails and great Crack with Demitris .....thats entertainment in itself.

Many thanks to all our friends for making my Birthday so special , lovely cake from George and Isobelle , and another from Demitris, later in the Acapulco bar with his wife Irenie .

Our last day was Oct 9TH , the Hotel was empty , Lorraine and i had the pool to ourselves , served a lovely lunch by George , and spent a relaxing day soaking up the hot sunshine ...just a perfect ..day .

So in closing , another fab week , no issues , no hassle , no problems , many thanks again to George Isobelle and team , until next year , see you all soon , have a great Xmas , and to all of the people and friends we have made during our visits , happy new year.
To all the people who have given bad reviews .........do you really spend your holiday in your bedrooms ? can you read small print? are you ever happy ?.........life is too short ....get one !

Room Tip: any room on second or best third floor for great views of the sea
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and myself travelled to Rhodes by Olympic Holidays in September 2013 on a bed and breakfast basis at the Iris Hotel. We were dropped off at the bottom of a very steep road leading to the hotel and had to drag our cases up this 100 metre slope. When we got to reception we were welcomed by a very nice lady who told us she didn't know why Olympic coaches did not come up the drive as there is plenty of space for the coach to turn into the drive and outside the hotel. She told us to take our cases to our room and return for breakfast. We went to our room and as one does had a quick look around. We were absolutely astonished to see what we saw. There was hairs in the wash hand basin in the bathroom, a large yellow stain on the shower tray which, when I rubbed it with a damp tissue, came off. There was black and green stains in the fridge which obviously had not been cleaned for some time. The "white" towels were yellowish and sour smelling. The "white" pillow cases were yellowish, the curtains hanging at the door looked as if someone had slashed them with a knife. The place was less than basic. Don't get me wrong I have stayed in three star hotels before which were basic but they were clean. However we went for breakfast and again were horrified to see the buffet style display of food with nothing covering the food and the flies, dozens of them crawling over all the food. My wife was sick at the sight. We obviously did not have breakfast but I took a cup of coffee from a coffee machine. We went outside and sat down at a table which had a plastic table cloth on it which had been there for quite a while and was filthy. The area around the "dining" tables was dirty. We had to see the Olympic Rep in the afternoon and decided to wait until then to complain. We went for a walk and on the road at the entrance to the hotel I saw a dead rat with lots of flies on it and I wondered were they the same flies. When we returned we went to our room and slept for a short time with our beach towels covering the pillow cases. We had been to Rhodes on quite a lot of occassions in the past so we got a taxi to Kremasti on the other side of the island to see if we could contact some of our friends to move hotels. Unfortunately we were unable to contact them. We returned by taxi to Afandou. We spoke to Neil the Olympic Rep who when he looked at the room agreed it was not up to standard. I told him we wanted to move and he informed us it would cost about 750 euro to transfer us to another hotel. Other people who had just arrived were very surprised at the poor conditions and I felt particularly sad for a young couple who couldn't believe the state of their dirty room. The young lady was nearly in tears. That evening when we went to bed having eaten away from the hotel. My wife got up to use the bathroom at about 2am when she shouted to me there was water pouring from the ceiling. I tried phoning reception but then got dressed and went to report the matter. The manager said that we were to vacate the room immediately. I refused and told him the problem was upstairs. I went to sleep and in the morning the water had stopped running from the ceiling. We went into Afandou for breakfast and were able to contact our friends in Kremasti by phone and we moved out. On our return home I made a complaint through Thomas Cook where we booked the holiday. The staff at Thomas Cook were as usual very helpful. We got a reply from Olympic Holidays telling us we were not entitled to any refund. The extra cost to us was about 500 euros. The Iris hotel is in a very nice setting with views over afandou to the beach in the distance. I have been to Afandou before on day trips and it is nice but please, please believe me and disregard any reviews saying different, DONT GO NEAR THE IRIS HOTEL

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Philipandbetty
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just got home from our 10 day holiday at Iris hotel.We read some bad reviews before we went but we decided to decide for ourselves what the place was like and I'm glad we did.We are a family of six with four young children and they described their time at the hotel as the best holiday ever.The rooms are basic but clean with maid service daily,the food was fab with loads of variety,something different everyday.Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much bother.The pool area was very clean and kept up together can't wait to book up for next year we loved it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LisaChristian4
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very disappointed in this hotel not all it is cracked up to be on trip advisor. We started off our holiday by the coach dropping us off at the bottom of a steep hill, had to drag cases up to the hotel at 3 in the morning. We were given room 109 which didn't look ready for guests as there was no soap, towels in the room we had a few hours sleep and when I got up to go the bathroom sewerage had come up through the shower plughole, we went to reception saw George (who never actually introduced himself as hotel manager neither did his wife) and he said I will move you next door no apology. Rooms were very basic, towels although changed daily were grubby. We were not happy with the all inclusive as it is done on a timetable for example you cannot get a cup of tea or coffee between 9.30am and 4pm without paying for it and most of the time they ran out of milk, you couldn't get an ice cream if you were an adult the meals were pork, veal or chicken in various forms everyday (lunch and dinner) water melon for dessert all the time. Everything was cold (bacon eggs etc) no spirits included at all, beer and wine poor quality. No decent background music. Hosts not sociable and unhelpful never said good morning or asked if everything was ok .
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, we ate out all week so it turned out to be an expensive week. Thank goodness for Sergios and Mikes bar down in the village

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple