“Not recommended!”
Review of Afandou Sky Hotel

Afandou Sky Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Afandou
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The hotel has a wonderful view of either the sea (albeit 1,5 km away) or Afandou village. The staff is friendly and helpful. The simple food served at the hotel bar was good. BUT the rooms are a disaster. When we first arrived at our room there was a food rest under the chair. During our weeks stay despite daily "cleaning" the food remained there. We let it stay there just to check how good the cleaning was. The room was very drab and felt grimy. The bathroom equally so. We rented a car to be away from the hotel as much a possible. The lounge area was also very drab. The pool area was cute but the pool dirty which is why we refrained from swiming there. To get air conditioning and refrigerator it cost 70 Euro extra for a week. We won't be returning.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MarinaBen

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for one week in the middle of September 2011. Our journey was to unspecified hotel in Rhodos Island.

Reception was open only when someone was leaving/coming (3x/week) but the guys in the pool bar helped you if there was any problems.

There wasn't airconditioning in every room and you had to pay 50€ extra for AC-room. And with 20€ you got a small fridge to your room. It was quite handy to have it in your room (cold drinks, something small to eat..)

Beds in our room were terrible. Mattresses were too old. Linens and towels were changed every day.

Half of the lightbulbs were broken and most of the plug sockets were loose from the wall in the way that we didn't have courage enough to use them.

Bathroom was ok. Shower area was very small and the shower curtain always clued to your back. But water pressure was excellent!! One night we saw a huge black cockroach on bathroom's floor (and next night one on balcony) but that was the only time.

Balcony was decent sized with a view to the sea. So we were lucky to see sun rising every morning behind the Turkish mountains and in the evening moon coming up. Negative thing was small ants walking around the floor in late daytime.

Breakfast was served in the pool bar with 5-6€ extra. Options were English or continental breakfast. Both were good and there was enough food to eat. Later you could get from the bar spagetti, pizza, hamburger, chips etc with a decent price.

Pool area was really nice and it was never too crowded. Swimming pool was large and deep enough to swim.

There was pay-internet close to the pool bar and it worked fine. With 1€ you got 20min time on-line.

Room Tip: If you travel on hot summer time, choose room with airconditioning even though it costs extra!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Taquo
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I went to Afandou Sky with my best friend, it's a nice little hotel, with some beaty fails here and there :) We only saw the owner when new guests were coming..

But the 3 waiters/bartenders, Stamos, Mike and Savvas made the hole trip sooooo good, they are social, they are making fun with the guests, and they are the reason that guests wanna go back there!!!

I had the best week ever, and next year I am going to Afandou Sky again, but this time, for two weeks :D

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Malou_NannaDK
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I travelled unspecified by Ving.
I spent one week at the hotel and loved every second of it.
The staff were amazing, in both service and making me feel welcome, my last night there the staff were up all night with me in the bar until my bus was leaving at 10 in the morning.
Traveling solo I hoped to make some friends at my location for some day/nighttime fun.
And in this hotel, finding both was exeptionally easy. I met several couples that had spent one or two days in other places then the pool/bar. And myself left the hotel to go to Rhodos Town (for shopping) and the next day the bartender drove me with his own car to Carrefour (big supermarket) and Faliraki for food and more shopping.
The hotel is a 10min walk to a splendid beach, and a 5min walk to the "center" of Afantou where there are restaurants and different shops.

My room was alright concidering that the only time I was there was for sleeping and taking a shower.
It was clean, had a double bed, a small shower, AC costed 40 Euro for 1 week, it had electricity outlets by the bed, and a fridge you could rent for 1 week. (Can't recall the price) You have a balcony with room for 4-5 people with a table and a couple chairs.
Again the room wasn't great, but the only real minus was that there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom for shaving.

All in all I had an exellent stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
13  Thank h0yer
Reviewed September 22, 2010

The hotel was old and well used for years. The room was ok, but there was no electrical outlets more than two, means nothing in the bathroom, one bye the entfrance-door and only one by the desk. The fridge was only working after paying 20 euros / week. In my opinion, this is not acceptable. The surrounding arond the hotel area was filled with garbage and filth, something anybody could clean up with a little effort. The location is very bad for people with heart-conditions and other problems because of the hard uphill-walking. It may kill you! The staff, under my stay in September 2010, was the best ever!!! Two guys runned the whole hotel and were the best of all the people I ever met anywhere.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Tolos
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I lived there for 2 weeks on july 2009 and was fantastic.i am looking forward to go again this year.
staff was the best company i ve seen ever!cheers!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jadoir
Reviewed April 3, 2009

i thought place was really good. the people who run the bar were fantastic. rooms arent brilliant but all you do is sleep in them. pool is lovely and very clean also the town is easy to get to and there is something for everyone. loved it,

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank sharonshealy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afandou
Rodos Star Hotel
#39 of 70 in Faliraki
Telhinis Hotel
Telhinis Hotel
#32 of 70 in Faliraki

Been to Afandou Sky Hotel? Share your experiences!