When my wife decided to book the Colosseum hotel, I thought it was a bit pricy (compared to others locally). But the price was somewhat justified by the great location of the hotel, right next to Europa Park, with a separate entrance allowing some extra time on a few select attractions in the morning.
Our room was a family room with a large bed and 2 bunk beds decorated in roman style, with nice paintings of Leonardo da Vinci on the walls. It was nothing romantic, but fully functional and very clean. The front desk people were courteous while not always very efficient (seems that their IT system drags them down).
I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was excellent. The diversity of food was mind boggling and the quality was really high. We had dinner one night in one of the restaurants, and I was rather disappointed by the quality there. Seems like the cook was more German than Italian!
I must applaud their WiFi, which is the best I have seen in any hotel. The login system is quick and easy (you enter your room number, name and departure date… no fancy code to remember or lose) and the speed was very high. For me, this will remain a reference to beat!
All in all, I’d highly recommend this hotel for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and enjoy the charming atmosphere of Italy! The themed hotel "Colosseo" is designed in the style of ancient Roman architecture. It features beautifully designed Roman-Italian hotel rooms, typical Italian restaurants, bars and cafes. Relax in the breathtaking wellness area with sauna and pool inside the walls of the Coliseum! The Europa-Park entrance tickets can be obtained at the hotel reception. In the summer season guests have the possibility to enjoy certain attractions of Europa-Park half an hour (in the winter season one hour) before the park officially opens. Europa-Park "winter season": 28th November 2015 until 10th january 2016 (On New Year's Eve open until 6.30 pm) Europa-Park "summer season 2016": 19 march 2016 until 06 november 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hotel "Colosseo" Europa-Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Superior Erlebnishotel Colosseo Europa Park Hotel Rust
- Colosseo Europa Park Rust
- Colosseo Europa Park Hotel