Very nice hotel. When you pay the amount of money they ask for, you expect a lot and this hotel delivers on all counts. The design is awesome and every where from the exterior to the interiors look and feel high quality. So in terms of value for money, it is excellent.
The ambience of the place is very different to anywhere we have stayed before (in a very nice way!). The hotel is busy but we didnt feel the standard of service go down because of this. In fact, we were there on the evening of the Germany - Greece qf at Euro 2012 and a giant screen had been installed in the piazza and the atmosphere was fantastic. The staff coped up very well with the crowds and the eveining was great fun.
The room itself was very well appointed with a rustic ancient feel. The construction materials and the decor bring a nice charm to the room. The separate area with the bunk beds for kids is a nice touch - our daughter really enjoyed it.
The spa and pool are also up to the mark and the staff are very courteous. The piazza area is also very nice to have a drink after a tiring day at the park.
You can reserve a table for dinner at any of the hotels - they are all close by - and the menus are available at the reception. We tried the buffet at the Castillo and again were not let down. Beautiful decor, wonderful choice anf taste of food (including a barbecue), efficient service and nice live music.
Breakfast was also a pleasant surprise - it was crowded but the seating area is huge and the way the service is structured is brilliant - you dont really feel that the place is crowded. Euromaus and friends turned up at breakfast to keep the little ones happy too!
The entrance to the park is very convenient and there are a couple of restaurants just across the entrance if you fancy dinner there.
One last point - contrary to some reviews I read either here or on booking.com, the room did have A/C
Positives - location, hotel itself, service, food, spa, pool, overall experience
Negatives - cant think of any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and enjoy the charming atmosphere of Italy! The themed hotel "Colosseo" is designed in the style of ancient Roman architecture. It features beautifully designed Roman-Italian hotel rooms, typical Italian restaurants, bars and cafes. Relax in the breathtaking wellness area with sauna and pool inside the walls of the Coliseum! The Europa-Park entrance tickets can be obtained at the hotel reception. In the summer season guests have the possibility to enjoy certain attractions of Europa-Park half an hour (in the winter season one hour) before the park officially opens. Europa-Park "winter season": 28th November 2015 until 10th january 2016 (On New Year's Eve open until 6.30 pm) Europa-Park "summer season 2016": 19 march 2016 until 06 november 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Hotel "Colosseo" Europa-Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Superior Erlebnishotel Colosseo Europa Park Hotel Rust
- Colosseo Europa Park Rust
- Colosseo Europa Park Hotel