“Good level of comfort and close to Industrial links”

Best Western Bed And Suites
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Gemenos
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was nearby to where we were having our meeting, but because we got there early enough we were able to explore a bit of the area. The sea is not far away at all and there are some gorgeous little villages set in coves along the coast, If you have time I’d thoroughly recommend driving down to Cassis, this place is absolutely gorgeous and I’d definitely consider going there on holiday.

The hotel itself includes everything you could require for a comfortable trip, large clean rooms, a comfy bed and a good powerful shower. The internet was fast, but the connection was not entirely reliable, still better than most hotels I’ve stayed in. Breakfast is a standard continental affair, pastries, yoghurts, fruit, juice & coffee. There is no evening meal option and only one or two choices for nearby (walking distance) restaurants. This hotel is simple but very pleasant and I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked direct with the hotel and was offered large rooms with breakfast included in the rate. Staff greeted my business companion and me on arrival in a very warm and welcoming manner - great after a stressful day on the road. Pity only 1 night - we were directed to a very nice traditional restaurant in nearby Gemenos village, had a relaxing night's sleep, excellent buffet breakfast and on our way to the next meeting nearby well in time. Would go back... the general area looks interesting.

Room Tip: We were offered the larger suites - but the hotel was not busy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tried to book this hotel via their website, but could not get through, so the manager took my reservation for a king size bed by phone. Their service is impeccable both with luggage support as with a good buffet breakfast included. The appearance of the rooms is like brand new and spacious. The Route Nationale is close but does not disturb sleepers. The only problem was the open douche cabin door, which causes some flooding if you are not careful.

For its price this hotel is a bargain of excellent quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrice G, Manager at Best Western Bed And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear mrs and sir

Thank you for your response and your advice about our Hotel.
My team and I were happy to receive you and we want you to know that we do our best for the satisfaction of our guests.
We will be happy to welcome you again in our establishment, and I insure you that, this time, the sun and a good weather will be included in your booking.

Best regards from
Patrice GUILLERAY and his team

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed one night on business. Room was quite well equipped - good shower, free WiFi, and plenty of TV channels. There is a small bar, with friendly staff. Breakfast was adequate, with fresh & cooked options. There is a small restaurant - which looked very quiet. We asked the staff to recommend some restaurants outside - which they were happy to do.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Patrice G, Manager at Best Western Bed And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear customer,
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us
Your comment strengthened our motivation and commitment to offer you the best service you are looking for. We have initiated during the last year many efforts to get back our BEST WESTERN the qualities it deserves.

Please feel free to visit us again, we would be glad to welcome you again, as always.

Patrice Guilleray

Reviewed May 24, 2012

One night biz stay in late May. Nothing special about the room. Sort of reminds me of a Travelodge room back in the USA. Very basic but clean enough. The bedspread might could have used a washing, but the room overall seemed clean enough and everything worked fine. Well, almost everything. The free Internet was not really high speed. I could not use it for Skype, and barely could check email. I could see the wifi access point just a short way down the hall, and my signal was ok, but the service itself just seemed really slow. Nice little breakfast setup in the morning if you opt to partake (I don't think it is included in the 100 Euro room rate I paid). Basically for a single overnight stay, good enough.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TrippinAgin

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.com
I and our hotel staff are making continuing efforts to get back our BEST WESTERN with the corresponding quality requirements it deserves. Your comment allows us to measure how long the way has been. Many obstacles and things had to be removed and changed.
I personally engage myself today to recommend our hostel not as “basic” one, but that totally meets the requirements of an authentic BEST WESTERN 3 stars hotel.
Please feel free to visit us again, we would be glad to welcome you in our fully renovated home.

Patrice Guilleray, Manager.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is convenient to a lot of local companies, which is what it has going for it. The staff were competent but a bit standoffish. The room was functional but not as clean as I expect - I wore slippers instead of barefoot in the room, which is what I usually do. Now I have heard of hotels where there is no hot water; in this one (in the morning before everyone was up) there was no COLD water! There was in fact no difference at all between full- on hot and full- on cold. The room key did not work to open the parking lot gate, and the button to call the staff went unanswered - we finally had to phone the hotel to get someone to open the gate for us, only 10 pm at that. The breakfast was basic but good - very fresh bread, good coffee, boil your own eggs, decent atmosphere. My room was on the ground floor, and in the evening there was the constant scent of cooked meat from the Buffalo Grill about 50m away, not all that pleasant at first (but got used to it after a while.) Internet worked fine and was no charge. The local cats were very turf- conscious and made sure we knew they were vying for Alpha status out there in the garden!!!

Room Tip: The ground- floor rooms in the back have patios with sliding doors, so you can walk out into the gar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.com
I personally guarantee the convenience of our hotel for stays of any lengths, and not as “basic” one, but that totally meets the requirements of an authentic BEST WESTERN 3 stars hotel.
Please feel free to visit us again and check my previous engagements.

We would be glad to welcome you in our fully renovated hotel.

Patrice Guilleray, Manager.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

A little bit of tranquil in a busy area. The village is near to the industrial town but is set in a lovely place. The rooms are quiet and has all that is needed on a short break.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Customer
First thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.com
Many efforts have been made to get our BEST WESTERN the qualities it deserves. I can guarantee that our hotel and its staff are willing to help you to benefit from the most pleasant stay at Gémenos.

Feel free to visit us again,

Sincerely

Patrice Guilleray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gemenos
B&B Hotel Aubagne Gemenos
#1 of 6 in Aubagne
Hotel Plage St Jean
Hotel Plage St Jean
#14 of 14 in La Ciotat

Been to Best Western Bed And Suites? Share your experiences!