“Nice, but don't leave laundry hanging...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Poissy Orgeval

Novotel Poissy Orgeval
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Orgeval
Pittsburgh, PA
“Nice, but don't leave laundry hanging...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

This hotel was very modern, with clean and comfortable rooms. The pool was very clean. We were part of a tour group, so breakfast was provided. Very good bread, assorted hot breakfast items, and teas. There is also a free computer with internet access in the lobby.

Overall, a very nice place. However, I decided to do some laundry. I left a pair of pants to dry in the bathroom. When I returned, there were bleach stains all over my nearly new pair of pants! Apparently, the maid had spilled bleach on them. I'm not upset, but I wish they would be more careful.

Room Tip: Don't leave laundry hanging in the shower, unless you like bleach stains.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Forester9144
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to deeply apologise for the problem you experienced with your laundry : I would be very grateful if you would contact me by email H0390-GM@accor.com to let me know if you have been able to remove the stains or not. I also thank you for your nice comments on the hotel upon your general experience and I will pass them on to the team.
Kind regards
Caroline Benard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bristol UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

The hotel was clean and friendly and our room was lovely.We had a good size room and the bed was comfy after all the travelling we had done.Shower was lovely and hot.Breakfast was good and you have a wide choice of foods and drinks and as the food goes the waiter is restocking.Would go again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Siamese94
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments on our hotel : I will be very glad to share it with my team. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in France.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

I have stayed in this novotel for two nights in dec 2011 for business. It is the worst novotel and even accord group hotel I have ever been to.
Room was ok in size but decoration was at least 10y ago and bathroom not really clean. breakfast staff was as friendly as prison guards and employees at the desk not efficient. As a good conclusion I got my bill printed on what seemed to be a 1980 Fax machine. I suggest to avoid this hotel

• Stayed December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
Firstly I would like to apologise for the shortfall of service you received during your recent stay at Novotel Poissy Orgeval. I take your comments very seriously and I would like to get the chance to discuss your experience directly with you. I would be very grateful if you can contact me at the hotel so I can apologise directly to you and take the necessary actions.
Kind regards
Caroline Benard

Travelers are raving about these Orgeval hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Positive matters: it's located just outside the highway and the parking is really huge. But that's it!
Just behind the reception, you can see broken doors, stains on the white walls, a lot of Dirty everywhere, in the corridors, in the elevators (space enough for 2 people and really pressed) and of course in the room! Seems like nobody take care the mainteinance of thebuilding.
Really poor attention about hygen especially in the bathroom. Nobody take care at your good stay and your room. If you leave trash you'll find again at your return. Some garbage papers and dust on the moquette at my arrive still there at my check out!
In the room also you can hear everithing happens outside and beside, because a lot of incoming noise from the corridor and neighbors.
And the restaurant??? Should be good never taste it to avoid unhappy surprises!
It has 4 stars but I do not why! About 140/160Euro per night is too much for a hotel that is really far from a 2 stars category! In my opinion no more than 50 Euro is the right rate!
I'll never come back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to report to me the details of your unhappy experience at Novotel Poissy Orgeval.
Firstly I would like to apologise for the shortfall in service you encountered. I have now had the time to investigate with my team the points you kindly draw to my attention and I would like to assure you that we are taking your comments very serioulsy. Actions have been decided alongside with my team and will be implemented to prevent such situations from happening again in the future.
I also would like to assure you that this experience is not a true reflection of the standard of service Novotel is usually proud to offer to our guests. I would like to offer Novotel Poissy Orgeval a chance to convince you that we are capable to deliver a really better service that the one you received during you last stay.
As you kindly wrote to me directly by email, I will get in touch with you personnally to discuss the matter and find the appropriate solution.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is a business hotel with most guests just crashing out and then getting their suits on, having breakfast and going into Paris for the day. We were on holiday, though, and found the staff ignorant, slow, and lacking basic skills like calling us a taxi. The place feels mean and unwelcoming. Shower in our room didn't work. They fixed it but not before telling us it was our fault and we didn't know how to work it correctly. They looked daggers at us every time we asked for something quite normal - like giving us more milk in the room than ONE little 10 ml pot of concentrated milk. Real meanies.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
I was very sorry to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please let me assure you that I am taking your comments very seriously : I will investigate with my team the points you kindly drawn to my attention and implement the necessary actions to prevent such incidents from happening again in the future.
I hope this expericence will not deter you from choosing Novotel again in the future as it is not a true reflection of the service we are usually proud to offer to our guests.
Orgeval, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Must be one of oldest Novotel, Rooms mostly Re done but very little difference between each category, but huge cost diff.

Room Tip: Take cheapest Pre paid
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
Thank you for your tip : Actually we do propose great promotions, the more you book in advance (at leat 15 days before your arrival), the cheapest rate you get. This way, you can get discounts up to 30 or 40% off.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Novotel Poissy Orgeval.
Hadleigh, Suffolk, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights with a group of travellers from England over for the Longchamp races on Arc de Triomphe weekend. The hotel is rated 4 star - alas, the service is not. This is a standard motorway business traveller hotel. The rooms are adequate and the dining area is functional.
Our group had ordered a standard 3 course meal in advance, at 20 Euros per person. I have eaten better food in an army canteen. My main course was Beef Burgundy. The meat was very nice, well cooked, but the accompanying tinned peas and powdered mash potato was disgusting.
The service in the bar was so bad that it would have made a perfect training video of HOW NOT TO manage a bar.
It took me 30 minutes to buy 2 glasses of lager and 2 fin and tonics, and it wasn`t even particularly busy!! They did not have a Card Swipe machine behind the bar. The barman had to go and get one from Reception. They were unable to change large denomination banknotes . You could not put drinks onto your Room Bill. I used my Visa card to p[ay for the drinks and specifically asked to be charged in Euro`s (as I was in France). The barman charged it in GB Pounds, which of course works out more expensive. I asked him to do the transaction again and charge it in Euro`s. He was not happy, but he did as I asked. We tried our luck at the bar again after dinner, but gave up after waiting a further 15 minutes without being served. We returned to our room early and saved our money.
This is not the way to run a a hotel bar. The staff were unhelpful, slow and inefficient.
I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sixties-Icon
CarolineBenard, Directeur général at Novotel Poissy Orgeval, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Sir,
I would like to thank you for letting me know what happened during you stay at Novotel Poissy Orgeval. I was very sorry to read that your bar experience was such a disaster and I would like to apologise for that.
I investigated the matter with my food & beverage Manager. As a matter of fact, it appears that during this evening we received 3 coaches from the same tour operator in England, so about 150 guests arriving at the same time after a long travel. As a consequence, we had a lot of orders at the exact same time, in the bar obviously, but also in the restaurant, in the lobby and in room service. This resulted in some wait, and we are terribly sorry for that.
Please let me assure you that we are taking your comment very seriously and we already planned with the tour operator an organisation to prevent such situation from happening again in the future.
General Manager Novotel Poissy Orgeval
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orgeval
Ibis Budget Orgeval
Ibis Budget Orgeval
#2 of 4 in Orgeval
Campanile Villennes Sur Seine Poissy Hotel
Campanile Villennes Sur Seine Po...
#1 of 1 in Villennes-sur-Seine
Ibis Paris Poissy
Ibis Paris Poissy
#2 of 5 in Poissy
Adagio Access Carrieres sous Poissy
Adagio Access Carrieres sous Poi...
#1 of 1 in Carrieres-sous-Poissy

Been to Novotel Poissy Orgeval? Share your experiences!