Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,539 results
All reviews executive room short drive spacious rooms wine list jacuzzi chateau saint town bordeaux bikes grandeur figeac pomerol vines sommelier
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2019 via mobile

Just a few minutes outside Saint-Émilion . Lovely architecture, ample rooms with French balconies overlooking the vineyards. Very comfortable beds with good quality linens. Nice restaurant with reasonable prices and superb service. Breakfast is buffet style, with enough fresh great quality choices. Bicycles are offered to ride by the vineyards.
Overall, only regret is not to have stayed at least 3 days there to relax and taste more of their delicious wines

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
BenjaminRobic, Directeur général at Chateau Grand Barrail Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear Madam,
Firstly, thank you for your pleasant observation regarding your stay spent in Grand Barrail hotel. I am sincerely pleased to read that all our attentions had reach your expectations and you were satisfied with our « comfortable beds and quality linens »
Indeed, our professional team is devoted to provide our guests with the best service.
I will personally be delighted to welcome you for the next trip in our hotel for a long stay.
Kindly yours,

Reviewed July 8, 2019

Stayed in June 2019. Elegant and Sophisticated. The staff are very helpful to book our wine tours and restaurants. We don't speak French but they speak good English. I lost a necklace in the room and they eventually could locate it for me. Thanks. The restaurant is excellent. Breakfast is superb.

Room tip: any room is good in the vineyard
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Madam, dear Sir,
First of all thank you for your kind commentary that touches us a lot. Indeed, it is a real pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with the ‘sophisticated and elegant château » and our services. Our team is a hard-working staff which continiously shares their passion for the hospitality.
Your observations give us the countenance to this approach.
We look forward to welcoming you back in our property of Saint-Emilion.
Best regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2019

We have been at St Emilion at the Chateau Grand Barrail Hotel. Our stay was excellent! The hotel is beautiful within a Chateau surrounded by vineyards. The room was excellent, the service outstanding and highly professional. I do recommend this hotel!

Room tip: Deluxe room with king size bed
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank WilsonS515

Dear Madam, dear Sir,
First of all, thank you for sharing your detailed commentary regarding your stay at hotel Grand Barrail.
I appreciate a lot your compliments mentioning the “excellence” that you met; it sounds like music to us. In fact, we have this opportunity to be surrounded by vineyards in Saint-Emilion.
With a pleasure to welcome you back in our beautiful region,
Best regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2019

Found this place on tripadvisor and felt I had to stay here. I am so happy I did. None of the other places I looked at were nearly as beautiful as this and yes it looks every bit as good in person. The service here was also amazing. I realized on my way here I had not booked dinner at their hotel which they had previously advised me I should do right away at the time of booking. So I called the hotel from the road and they offered to book dinner for me at a restaurant in town. We arrived at the hotel a half hour before dinner. Thomas helped us to our room with our bags. He also got us an iron and ironing board (not stocked in the room) so we could get ready for our dinner. At our departure for dinner I asked him to call the restaurant he booked to let them know we were coming and were on our way. He did just that and we were greeted at the restaurant the moment we arrived. To top it off it was a one michelin star restaurant.
The following day my wife enjoyed the spa while the staff helped me by making recommendations for touring Saint Emillion. Breakfast was excellent. We spend one morning on the front porch and the next in the elegant dining room. Service never faltered. The beds were very comfortable and the views from the room were like from a fairy tale. We are looking forward to coming back again someday.

Room tip: choose a room with a view of the chateau's main building
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PeterG687

Dear Sir,
First of all it is a real pleasure for me to read how you were overwhelmed with joy regarding your stay at Grand Barrail hotel. Your fully detailed commentary attests about your satisfaction through our services in the restaurant, hotel and SPA.
I would sincerely thank you for your kind attention showed into our establishment. All our team is dedicated to ensure high quality training, delivered in the best environment and utmost care.
We also look forward to seeing you again in our property of Saint-Emilion,
With my best regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

If we return to Saint Emilion, we shall certainly stay here again. The staff are faultless, as is the accommodation and restaurant. Lovely grounds. We would prefer the swimming pool to be indoor. The building is proud and elegant, and in every way, we would recommend this place.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 318barriel

Dear Madam, dear Sir,
Firstly, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at chateau Grand Barrail. It is a real pleasure to notice that our guests are plenty satisfied with our services. Be ensured that I will forward your kind compliments to our team.
We look forward to welcome you back in Grand Barrail hotel for your next trip.
Yours sincerely,