“Average food but great location!”

L'Antre Deux Verres
Ranked #33 of 42 Restaurants in Saint-Emilion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This restaurant has good food but nothing exceptional. You can sit there for a quick bite (service is efficient) and enjoy the view. We had the menu with starter and entree (plat du jour was chicken, good). What we liked the most was the view of St Emilion! Perfect spot to see it while having a rest!

1  Thank Pascale P

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food! Great cellar - and brave enough to stock non local wines! Friendly, helpful service. Kept drawing us back.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The setting is really cool and the view is nice, maybe this is a place worth stopping at just for the view, but I'd never go again. Here are the pros: the view and setting, the service, and our first courses - my boyfriend had a squash soup that was quite good and I had a salmon carpaccio that was great. The cons: the menu we took was 18 euros each without a glass of wine that will run you about 7 or 8 euros (expensive for this type of restaurant in France), the first courses were good, but out main course - the plat du jour - was awful. It was a lamb stew that sounded pretty good and we both were prepared for something rustic but what we got was clearly the worst, gristly and fatty chunks of meat in what felt like canned beans and with a soggy salad on top, truly a disappointment. The cheese plate at the end of the meal was also one of the worst I have had in France. I'd look elsewhere or self-cater next time.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Different in a good way. The location is quirky, with the restaurant carved out of rock. It was a Wine Cave in a former life. But the food is the real winner here. The menu doesn't surprise but the meal does when it arrives. Everything done with a slightly new or different twist, not one of the four in our group did not rave about what we ate. And we had the good fortune to be last in the restaurant and to be regaled by Steph and Remy whilst enjoying another bottle of wine, which was also excellent value.

1  Thank LarKir
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and I were looking forward to our meal - we hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. We chose this place for the nice chilled atmosphere - but the food didn't live up to our expectations. The starters and desert were ok - but the mains (I had steak - she had duck) were over seasoned. The chips were so salty - we couldn't eat them - and my steak probably had too much pepper. Such a shame because the waiter was so nice it could have been such a lovely place.