“Too much salt”

Dining options: Reservations
London
“Too much salt”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife and I were looking forward to our meal - we hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. We chose this place for the nice chilled atmosphere - but the food didn't live up to our expectations. The starters and desert were ok - but the mains (I had steak - she had duck) were over seasoned. The chips were so salty - we couldn't eat them - and my steak probably had too much pepper. Such a shame because the waiter was so nice it could have been such a lovely place.

• Polish first
Monza
“Good food but wine a bit too expensive”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This restaurant, which is literally carved out of a stone in beautiful St Emilion, offers real value for money. I and my wife went for the set menu options, one at 18 and the other at 25 Euros. The entree was simple but fresh and the meat main courses were really outstanding and so were the desserts. We went for a bottle of Chateau Landereau which I found a bit on the expensive side (25 euros for a bottle one can find in store for maximum 7). The service was good and the waiters were very friendly. San Pellegrino at 5 euros a bottle was not a surprise in France.

• Visited November 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Friendly & passionate”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The place was quiet when I went in. The food is surprisingly good. The steak was cooked perfect. Great value on the wine with lots of choices. I enjoyed the company of the staffs and the ambience.

Visited January 2011