“Excellent service”

Vignobles & Chateaux
Ranked #3 of 16 Shopping in Saint-Emilion
More attraction details
Owner description: As a well established Wine merchant, our aim is to share with you our "savoir faire" and experience in top wines trough vineyard discoveries, tastings and custom made wine selections.
Nantes, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We took a 2 hour lesson with a Chateau tour - highly recommend. There is such a choice of wine related services here this felt more personal and relaxed. Good value for money.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Thumill_11

Vancouver
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Very knowledgable”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The vendeuse was extremely knowledgable and helpful in letting us taste some of the wines, and assisting in selecting 2 for purchase. Although we didn't partake, they also host wine tasting courses.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Ecowoman
Hong Kong, China
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Unique experience in Bordeaux”
Reviewed May 5, 2011

B-winemaker is a fun way to learn how Bordeaux make the wine and understand the magic of blending in this beautiful region.
Rodolphe and Pierre are very welcoming and dynamic two young men from Bordeaux who will conduct this experience.
I was there with my Vietnamese girlfriend and thanks to this activity she understand much better the complexity of Bordeaux Wines.
I highly recommend people who visit Bordeaux to start with this activity before visiting all the other Chateau. Thanks to B-winemaker you will understand much better the rest of your oenologic visit.

Visited September 2010
3 Thank jphanoi
La Jolla CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Vignobles & Chateaux in the village of Saint-Emilion”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

During my short stay in Saint-Emilion last summer, I had in mind to buy some wines for my cellar in California. Saint-Emilion is a tricky village to visit when you are looking for some wines to bring back home. It is quite full of tourists during the summer season and I was under the impression that I won't be able to find any good deals. The best experience I had was with a wine shop called "Vignobles & Chateaux". Before thinking about buying any wines, one of the wine specialists, Patrick, advised me to take their 90 minutes wine course (29 Euros with 3 great wines poured during the course and a booklet to study back home) to get an overview of the Bordeaux region. My teacher, Jean-Louis, was very knowledgeable and a real showman (definitely a great show to learn new things about Bordeaux wines). Once my course finished (they gave me a nice certificate to keep as a souvenir), I had a nice lunch at a small bistro in front of the wine shop to relax after this very entertaining wine school of Saint-Emilion.

The next day, I went back to the store and I talked to another gentleman, Nicolas. He explained to me very nicely that the store was doing a lot of shipping in North America (75% of their business is with international clients) and the fact that I won't be paying any VAT (European taxes) on my wines. He also took the time to show me the wines (mostly single vineyards from Saint-Emilion/Pomerol) that I will never find in the US. I ended up buying a mix cases to try their service. The wines arrived 3 weeks later directly at home (with a mail company called Chronopost - French version of FedEx). No need to say that I am glad now to have a direct relationship with a wine merchant in Saint-Emilion. I can't wait to buy some 2009 futures from Nicolas at Vignobles & Chateaux. Every 2-3 months, I received an e-mail newsletter from my new friends in Saint-Emilion. I still compare their prices with my local wine shops but if you really like Bordeaux wines, I would say treat yourself with style with Vignobles & Chateaux’s unique wine selection in Saint-Emilion.

Sophie – Belgium expatriate in California (La Jolla 92037)

13 Thank sophieLaJolla