“affordable tariff but expensive food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel President

Hotel President
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Jalandhar
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“affordable tariff but expensive food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

heart of the city
very less variities in buffet breakfaastheart of the city
very less variities in buffet breakfaastheart of the city
room size are very big
very less variities in buffet breakfaast

Room Tip: mc donalds is just a minute walk for a quik bite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

A budget hotel with a old world feel . In need for a renovation in the bathrooms . Can do away with bath tubs which is un practical without provision of shower cubical . Rooms are neat & clean with wood flooring . Spacious reception & large lobby outside rooms make it feel classy .
A good value for money . Good food & room service .

Room Tip: Check for rooms with separate shower cubical .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice hotel centrally located near to the market area. Staff was cordial Nice budget or u can say towards luxury side hotel Food served was nice but one must try the local dhaba food also. Overall i enjoyed my stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank soniksharma
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

One of the much hyped hotel in jalandhar.I personally didnt stayed but made arrangement for my 10 guest in this hotel,they all gave ok feedback on this but when you compare it with Hotel M just next to it you will know the difference.Hotel M( Half of my guest were in Hotle M1) offer better & bigger rooms(go & check yourself) & service in good rates as compared to president hotel. Point is you can get better facility in the same price band in other hotle as compared to President. Food was good.

Room Tip: Please check availabilty of room in Hotel M1 if you get there book there than to stay in President...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good business hotel with attentive personnel and tasty food in restaurant on the first floor. It is quite expensive one but people like it. Once while I was there a TV guys came to film the hotel. It speaks by itself. Minus: if we take any hotel of such class in the West, you will never find anything like shabby walls in public WC in the hotel premises - but this is India.

Room Tip: Just tell what do you prefer and they help you to choose
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel reminds me of the Phil Collins lyric, "Look at me now. I'm just an empty space."

The Hotel President New Court has the outward appearance of at least a four-star hotel. Yet right until check-out, I had decided to rate it just two stars. I raised that to three stars when I realized how little my hosts were paying for the room. The experience is roughly equivalent to what I receive at a 3-star property elsewhere in India, as is the price.

There is no shortage of labor. A virtual army keeps the place nearly spotless. However, the performance of that labor was subpar during my stay. The bellman (concierge) who took me to my room, even upon request, failed to show me all the lighting controls, and later, I was not able to turn off one set of lights at bedtime. The night operator did not understand the English word "wake-up call." After I explained in Hindi what I wanted, the morning staff placed the call 20 minutes after the requested time. The housekeeping staff delivered a morning paper in a language I could not understand (I resisted the temptation to trade for the Times of India sitting outside a nearby room). As I was leaving, the man asked whether I was checking out. When I said yes, instead of offering to carry my bags, he asked for my key. At the lift, I had to maneuver around two large bags of dirty linens that the staff had placed in front of the lift.

The facilities appear excellent upon first glance, but problems show up gradually. There was no razor or toothbrush in my room. The elevator (lift) comes slowly. One of the light switches, as noted, is not in view. The arrangement of the room is at times inconvenient. For example, the dustbin is placed in a corner far away from the bed and desk.

When it comes to food, I was disappointed. The hotel served a buffet of snacks during the evening event I attended, and I ate breakfast there. The snacks were average. In the morning, my aloo parantha were exactly to my taste (almost no chili/mirchi), but the selection on offer was pitiful. There was a large stain on the tablecloth where I sat.

Bottom line, you can rest comfortably and enjoy reasonable value for money at this property. Just don't expect the experience to live up to the looks of the place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We reached the quite late in the evening and had a quick check-in. They rustled up a good meal as well for us and the Scotland Bar was a good place to have a drink.
The rooms are not very large but clean and reasonable comfortable. We just spent the night there enroute to Patnitop, so we did not check out any of the other facilities.
Breakfast was adequate and check-out fast.
The Hotel is also conveniently located just off the main road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends