“Best Great Kabah Factory in India”

Radisson Hotel Jalandhar
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Jalandhar
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Jalandhar is a small city as per the standards of this country. There is only 2 good hotels in this town, and the Radisson is probably the best and centrally located. However, for me, this hotel is not up to Radisson standards, mostly because of the interiors, it look little bit old. From the lobby, the halls, the bathrooms and the rooms, everything look old fashioned, but I can say it is still in acceptable conditions. My room was little bit smelly and they forgot to put the bathroom amenities.

The staff is very friendly, that with out a doubt, very polite, nice people.

The great kebab factory is the best one in the country, I already ate in 5 of them, including Delhi, Indore, and Chennai. This restaurant deserves the gold medal, you can enjoy a real and original punjabi food.
As I said, there are not too many choices in Jalandar, so, stay here, enjoy their delicious signature kebab.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Beto201
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Jalandhar

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed in the Radisson, Jalandhar as it seemed to be the one others had stayed in over prior years. For a 5 star hotel then, although well priced, it was dissapointing:

Issues:
1) Slow Room Service and had to chase them up too many times
2) Restaurant downstairs is on the small side and plain
3) Slow service in the restaurant for the one meal that we ordered
4) Hair found in meal. When brought to the attention of staff we were simply offered another plate of the same food. We were still charged for it. Hence we only had one meal
5) Policy of not serving food or drink by the swimming pool.
6) Limited seating by the swimming pool
7) The bar was dark and this gave it a bit of a seedy atmosphere
8) Adjacent buildings are an eyesore

On the plus side
1) Staff were friendly and polite
2) Rooms were clean and kept to a high standard

Overall I think they have become complacent and during our stay we heard that Country Inn/Suites (also 5 star) was much more customer friendly. Would try Country Inn/Suite or the new Ramada next time. Both are nearby

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NDN007
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Radisson Hotel in Jalandhar has an old worldly style appeal and makes a perfect buiness hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable, The hotel has a pool and a great gym along with Sauna and steam room.

We had dinner in the authentic Indian Resturant. Supper was a served buffet. I am glad I had someone with whocould explain what I was eating. The garlic bread was stunning, dipped in butter sauce.

The breakfast was okay... not the best but good enough. For a one night business trip I could not fault the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Radisson Jalandhar is a comfortable hotel with good-sized, clean rooms, impressive lobby and good service. The breakfast buffet (at Tiffany's restaurant, no less, so you *can* have Breakfast at Tiffany's!) was excellent - a full range of Western and Indian dishes, all served by helpful staff.

The bedrooms are large and comfortable, bathrooms a bit outdated but clean and functionable. Good central location.

Room Tip: When you check in, ask Reception if there are any parties planned for the garden at the rear of the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank FiddleGirl70
Reviewed February 10, 2012

On February 8-10, I had some work at Jalandhar and my bad times started with railway reservations when most of the trains were running fully booked and the only flight that was available was the early morning flight kingfisher that departs around 5.30am in the morning to Amritsar. I got up at 2.30 to leave for the airport at 3 and reached T3 by 4am. Although it was a short flight but the fact that I had to spoil the night sleep really got on to me and I was half asleep during the flight and travel from Amritsar to Jalandhar. No sooner I reached the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised by the flyover/bridge that is constructed just outside the hotel that has completely covered the existence of the hotel.....to add to the misery the neighbouring building that is under construction for more than five years add to the inconvenience of the hotel management and the guest. Till the time I entered the hotel, I could not believe it is the same Radisson that was a star attraction once upon a time. I do not blame the management but hopefully once the adjoining building is fully constructed and becomes operational things might change but as of now the parking is a problem, passage to the hotel is the problem and the view of the hotel is also completely blocked. I think the hotel staff also realized this fact and they were very friendly and warm to the guest. One thing that surprised me was since I did not want to be seeing the debris lying in front, I requested for a back view preferably the pool view. The staff entertained my request and said I was given a pool view. However, to my surprise when I entered my room, when I opened the curtain I could only see few construction workers and backside view of air conditioning plant. When I called the front desk informing them there was some mistake and there was no view of the pool. I was informed that since the pool is at the back side, they call all the rooms in that direction as the pool view rooms...The only time I could see the pool is during breakfast that gives you clear view.....Besides the excellent breakfast at the hotel I thoroughly enjoyed the gym, sauna, steam and jacuzzi....I wish the hotel management all the best and hope the adjoining building gets constructed soon....

Room Tip: can't recommend one at this time since lots of construction activities happening around the hote...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Vasanrk
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Centrally located especially when you have back to back meetings, great food, great rooms, very polite service. The breakfast could be better and the lobby could be less cluttered. Quiet amazing that a small town like Jalandhar can have a world class hotel.The Indian food is absuletly excellent and worth a try. Overall great experience. The General Manager is easily accessible and extremely helpful

Room Tip: rooms not facing the road
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank trackeritrack
Reviewed January 20, 2012

A centrally located hotels with great ambiance and excellent service. I just had a one night stay here and couldn't really experience all the facility however tried out their Gym and Spa both were a great experience. Fantastic breakfast spread greets you in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business