“everything is great except food”
Review of Haveli

Haveli
Ranked #1 of 117 Restaurants in Jalandhar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed August 10, 2014

their presentation and looks is very nice but food isnt , the first thing it isnt hygenic i had a very abd experience over there , we went for pani puri gol gappe ova there , there were flies in the pani puri kaanji water when we told those people to throw that water away they refused to do so it had dead flies and mosquitos in it and that pani puri water kanji was being served to everyone we tried to complaint abt it even wrote a feed back but no one took it seriously , i wud suggest when it isnt hygenic it isnt worth eating

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Haveli is a chain of resurants. I have already been to a few of them and have always enjoyed being there. Most of them have 2 option like outdoor snacks (chai, coffee, jalabi, panipuri, pavbhaaji and my ever special dahi bhalle) the second one is ac big family restaurant (with good ambiance, good service and still maintained decent food. On my way from Delhi to Dalhousie, I stopped by and enjoyed a fantabulous lunch and while returning to Delhi got the opportunity to have my dinner. The place was crowded yet everyone was enjoying their own hot specials. Must visit atleast ones and be a fan for ever :-)

1  Thank Ashish K
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Brilliant authentic atmosphere and good food, well cooked, not over done with spices or artificial preservatives or colours or sweeteners etc. Very authentic. Visited with family and friends, group of 15. Very good customer service. Enjoyed the whole experience. I would return.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stopped at Haveli, Jalandhar on my way to Chandigarh. I had a few hours to kill and felt that this place will be the ideal location, an air-conditioned environment on a hot summer day and an Indian veg lunch to boot.

The place is spacious, I think it easily seats 100 pax. There are stalls outside where one can get fast food, ice cream, beverages, paan and so on; there is a large courtyard with fans sprinkling a fine mist of water to keep you cool and then there is the main restaurant.

The place is clearly overstaffed, there are so many waiters scurrying around but no one seems to know who is responsible for what. Anyway, I ordered a simple meal and was well advised by the waiter that portion sizes were large and I should reduce the number of dishes I order, which I did. However the quality of food was disappointing. The tandoori rotis were like papar, crumbling at the slightest touch, the dal was rather indifferent and the aloo jeera was soggy with oil or ghee or whatever.

They expect you to eat with your hands (a spoon is given only if you ask for it) but they do not provide a finger bowl, to wash your hands you have to go out side and use the general wash rooms. Rather odd, I thought.

Prices are reasonable. the place is very popular, the whole restaurant filled up on a weekday lunch time, but to be fair, the customers are mostly those on the road going from one place to another on the highway.

They let me hang around inside the air-conditioned premises for a couple of hours after I had paid my bills as I had to wait for my bus and for that I am grateful for it was 41 degrees Celsius outside..

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Haveli is a chain of restaurant in punjab. While crossing jalandhar you should stay here for some time.They have 3 option like outdoor snacks (chai,coffee, jalabi ,panipuri,pavbhaaji etc) the second one is ac big family restaurant(with good ambiance, good service and ok food.. lil overpriced) the 3rd option is Rangala punjab ...its a small village look place they have all punjab culture and village life(its just like chokidhaani in jaipur) ..entry fee with food and without food(its 300 with food).. you can have proper punjabi food..food is also good and staff is very jolly. whole area is very neat and clean .. in weekends they do some punjabi folk dance show..Must try place

1  Thank mayank v