“Nothing wrong with this hotel!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wellsville
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Too bad other people had bad experiences here. Our stay was clean and comfortable. We had a "suite" that had all the space we needed and then some. Can't comment on the staff, because other than check-in, we didn't have any interaction with them. Even though our stay was a short one (1 night), if it had been a week, this place would have been perfect.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 10, 2008

I stayed here for three nights...I arrived late and tired to find a room that hadn't been vacuumed (carpet full of crumbs and food under table), linens not changed (mascara on the pillows), tables not wiped (sticky and glass rings everywhere)...it smelled...stained carpet...oh dear!
Next day I made sure the staff knew about the discrepancies, and did nothing about it...carpet still filthy, put the sign to change the linens and they were NOT changed...I mean, I understand that this is the only place in the area, but that doesn't mean that you should get away with no cleaning!
I treated the place like if it was a public restroom, never was barefoot, slept on my own blankets (thank God I had some), and never sat on the toilet, took showers with my sandals...I mean, just terrible!
If you can find a place in a different town, then go for it - I had no choice since I was here for business and work booked this dump.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I have stayed here several times and since I don't expect much for this area, it has been fine. Rooms were clean. But this 3 night stay was ridiculous. After checking in and going to the ice machine, which was broken the entire stay with no sign on it, we were locked out of the room. "Something" had happened, more than the battery, and my friend had medicine that she had to have inside. She was told that the girl in charge had no idea how to get into the room. This girl was very pleasant and since she was the only one there and apparently there is no emergency procedure to bring in another worker if needed, she worked on breaking into the room while she answered the phone and ran back and forth between floors. Let me know if you want to know how to break into the rooms, my friend has seen how to do it. We were moved to another room. No help was given and my friend was alone at this point. This trip was many things, including a girlfriends getaway. We had planned on paying for at least 2 movies in our room. We never could get a connection. We contacted the front desk many times. We called the pay to view contact. We were told by them that there is a switch on the back of the tv. TVs are perched on top of the closets- no way we could fix it. We were told it would be taken care of. NOTHING WAS EVER DONE. Ran out of coffee cups but someone would be back in 20 mintues with some, we were told. We were left a note that the maid was short on towels. It was little things like this the entire stay. We asked for the owners name but were told it could not be given out. Some of the staff is rude, some are nice, all appear clueless and some could care less. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2008

With really nothing else available in town, this is your only option. Walking distance to 'downtown' and several restaurants, Dunkin Donuts right next door. Certainly clean, but as other reviewers mention, you have to ask for a hair dryer from the front desk... same goes for iron/ironing board.

Continental breakfast is dismal.... bagels and juice is pretty much the extent of it, but if you head into town on the same side of the street you can get a great breakfast at the Modern Diner for about $5 per person.

The lobby/lounge area is very small, so there really isn't anywhere to 'hang out' if you're there with a group, unless you borrow the conference room or cram into one of the rooms.

Our air conditioner was on the blink & it was stuffy in the room, shower drain was really slow, but we mentioned to the staff & they fixed both while we were out for the day.

Staff.... some were very friendly and helpful in directing us to places we needed to be. Others were clueless, and bordering on really rude. Also --- most of the staff smokes, and they just grab the cordless handset to the lobby reception and take it outside with them, which I thought was a little strange....

Overall, you don't really have a lot of choices, Microtel corners the Wellsville 'in-town' market. Imagine if someone had the forethought to put up another inexpensive, clean hotel in town.... hmmmm.

Also -- keep in mind, with a small town, you'll be limited to what you can do on a Sunday evening, so eat early! Many places close early on Sunday :)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2007

Our stay was not what we had hoped for. The hotel lost one of our room bookings, so our party had to crowd into one room. Breakfast was very skimpy. Staff attitudes varied widely. There are not a lot of other options in this small town. But I hope Microtel Wellsville works to improve their operation.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank dburt63
Reviewed September 30, 2007

It is a great little hotel for Wellsville -- fairly new, clean, pleasant staff, a conference room where we were able to get together with our family members gathering in the area, plus our dog was welcome. There is a nice park a block away for kids to play or to walk dogs. The best coffee in town is next door at Dunkin Donuts.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We booked 2 nights here, but didnt come back for the second night. The hotel itself is not all that bad. The surrounding area Kind of sucks. We went looking for a nice place to eat on Sunday Evening (5:00pm) and everything on main street was closed. We wound up with fast food. Unless you have a very specific reason to stay right in this area, or just need a place to sleep for the night I would look elseware.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank RCJ1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsville
Best Western Maple City Inn
The Hann Homestead Inn
The Hann Homestead Inn
#1 of 1 in Andover
Oz's Homestay Bed and Breakfast

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville? Share your experiences!