“Skip the Pizza”

Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Wellsville
New York
“Skip the Pizza”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

After reading the reviews we decided to order a pizza from L'Italia. What a mistake. First of all the large size is a medium anywhere else. After trying the pizza we were thankful it was so small. We ordered the Margherita pizza. Honestly the box would have rivaled the pizza for flavor. The crust was dry and had a ready made (frozen) texture.
I dislike store bought frozen pizza but the Pizza we had from L'Italia made us wish we had just bought one from the grocery store.
I am not a Pizza snob but I do know bad pizza. Save yourself the $15 and change and go somewhere else. We did not try any other of the foods offered here just the Pizza.

• Visited November 2012

Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
“Good restaurant in downtown Wellsville.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I ate dinner at this restaurant. Both the food and service were very good. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The menu had many choices, and there is a full bar. I had a seafood pasta dish, which was quite good.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Wtrav77
Malta, New York
“Good lunch”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had a good lunch there. We started with the bruschetta which was one of the best I've ever had. I had a salad with steak on top and it was good. I think it was pretty quick too. The staff there weren't super warm or friendly but our waiter- who to me didn't seem like he was even supposed to be a waiter- was cordial enough. The decor is really nice and we were one of two or three parties in there for lunch. I remember the prices being reasonable. It was definitely the nicest eatery I'd been to in the town. I'd go back.

• Visited July 2012
Scio, NY
“Always a special occasion”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Where do you want to go to lunch? My first choice is L'Italia. The pizza is just the way I like it, the salad is tangy, just the way I like it, the servers are well-trained, and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Visited August 2012
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Wasn't Quite What I'd Been Led To Expect”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I had a good impression of the decor and location, but the service and food wasn't quite up to the billing. As a guy from England who does get to eat out in Italy as well as good Italian food in England, I did set my standards lower to compensate for the way American food gets served up, but there were many items missing from the menu this eve, which meant two of the four desired meals couldn't be met, but also one of the meals was incorrect, the special (which wasn't that special) instead if the Clams Regittoro that was actually ordered, but I didn't want to raise an issue as we seemed to be being interrupted constantly throughout the meal and just wanted some space to talk amongst ourselves as it was a special meal out for two couples. One of the couples had been out for meals before and the previous standards of food weren't met so maybe we just got unlucky