“An adequate place to crash”

Best Inn Wellsville
Best Inn Wellsville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Wellsville
Hudson, New York
“An adequate place to crash”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Wasn't sure what to choose in Wellsville after checking Trip Advisor. Ended up at America's Best Value Inn because we were looking for something inexpensive and hopefully not too rowdy. It's definitely no-frills, but has a very friendly, helpful manager (Debra). Room was clean though it did smell as if smoking had been allowed once upon a time. To call it a "crap hole," as one reviewer did, is a bit harsh though I would only recommend it if you are basically using it as a crash pad. We were gone all day and evening both days we stayed there, so it served its purpose for us. If you want to spend a lot of time relaxing in your room, you might want to spring for something a nicer.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank BrendaStarfish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I would like to let everyone know that this is the BEST HOTEL IN WELLSVILLE. The bathrooms are very clean and nicely organized. The internet works great as well as the fridge, microwave, tv, and telephone. The air conditioner works wonderful it will make your room cool in just a few minutes. The most helpful person that i met was Debby who manages the hotel. She is very nice and respectful. She is very helpful with any needs and concerns that you may have. I love the way how she is polite and generous. She will make sure that your towels, wash cloths, and bed dressings are change and clean. She will make sure that you are awake in the morning. She also will make sure that all mail and messages are delivered to you. she will make your stay here feel like home. I like the way she goes above and beyond to make sure that your stay here is great and comfortable. Debb I appreciate every thing you have done for me thank you very much you are a sweet and caring person. I think you should be hotel manager of the year. I recommend everyone that needs a hotel/motel to come here it will be a very wise choice. J.S.C.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank jam1234521
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Everytime we drive through we are sure to stop and stay here, the place has a quiet and nice atmosphere, the lady at the desk is helpful and very friendly. The room is comfortable and if you need anything the lady at the front goes out of her way to help. We will continue to stay everytime we are coming through.

Room Tip: whirlpool tub...........
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I travel a lot and even at times bring my children with me, we stay at the A.B.V.I in Wellsville, NY at least 6- 8 Times a year and always have a pleasant stay the rooms are fresh and clean and the front desk worker is a complete joy the talk to and she takes very good care of us when we come through town to stay...and I want to give a great thank you for an excellent stay once again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York Mills, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I cannot find a better place to stay and i have stayed at every motel in town .This is why i always choose the "America's Best Value Inn". In fact , one time i stayed and there was trouble with the internet connection. So i called the front desk , the lady was absolutely amazing at how expedient she was in fixing the problem. If you need a stay in Wellsville ny, then definitely call here first.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank chad m
Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever made. We needed a room for just one night and found this one (all other hotels/motels in the area did not have any rooms available). On the phone, the lady was very nice and friendly. We requested a non-smoking room and were told that that was no problem. Well, the only thing that was 'non-smoking' about the room was that the ashtrays were removed before we got there. I grew up in a household with smoking parents and I have never smelled something that terrible. The clothes I wore while in the room went straight into the laundry after - the stink was unbearable. Besides the smoking issue, the room was simply no good - lots of cigarette burns, broken furniture, a bathroom in desperate need of repair. I did not even dare to pull the comforter back (I slept on top of the bed). I really should have left upon entering this room - my car would have been more comfortable for one night.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jamais17

Travelers are raving about these Wellsville hotels

SC
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Not sure what rooms some of these other reviewers had, but my room was a dump, it smelled of Lysol and who knows what else, floor was uneven, toilet ran constantly, front door was binding, knob came off the bathroom door, haphazard caulking jobs all thru the bathroom. Bedding had holes in it. AC put out a foul odor when the compressor kicked off. Several questionable looking characters also hung outside other rooms. The office reeked of cigarette smoke. Don't waste your time with this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Guess69
Deborah C, Manager at Best Inn Wellsville, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. As you can see by the other reviews, we have made a lot of improvements over the last couple years in both quality and service. We would have liked the opportunity to fix the issues during your stay and wish you would have contacted us before you left. We are certainly not perfect, but try very hard to make needed corrections as they are brought to our attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
#1 of 1 in Andover
Days Inn Hornell NY
Days Inn Hornell NY
#3 of 4 in Hornell

Been to Best Inn Wellsville? Share your experiences!