“Ya gotta go....”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2014

TH is basically a classic local diner-style restaurant, best known for its hot dogs. In particular, it serves dogs with a "texas sauce" which is really a kind of mild chili sauce. Usually it is also served with lots of onions.
Locals returning to the Wellsville area will almost always make a bee-line for the place, eager to return to genuinely good diner food, real milk shakes, etc., but they are also known for lots of other good things for all three meals of the day. One of my favorites is a gyro, but there's plenty of others. Breakfast is great diner-style eggs, pancakes etc. Just one negative experience there, food-wise and that was the eggs benedict. I did not care at ALL for their hollandaise.

1  Thank TootSuites

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Ate at Texas Hot for lunch with a friend. It was my first visit. Never had so much homemade lunch food: fries, onion rings and shakes! The onion rings are amazingly good. Had a Texas Hot, which was good but the onions were really strong. The wait staff is efficient and friendly and treats strangers like family. It's a wonderful place, and you can feed two people well for under tweny bucks! What's not to love! I wish I'd had room for pie, because it sure did look appetizing!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Texas Hot restaurant located on Main Street in Wellsville, New York is truly one of the best "greek diners" ever! This restaurant has been family-owned and operated in the same location for over 75 years!
The best feature at "The Hot" is that everything they serve is homemade! The quality of the food is always excellent. The Texas hot sauce is out of this world! It is truly unique and delicious. Everyone who has ever lived in Wellsville will make a return trip to the Texas Hot at some point in their life because memories of the Texas Hot never seem to fade.What makes the Texas Hot THE place to go is not just the delicious food, it's the atmosphere and the service too. Some of the waitresses have worked there for 10, 20, and 30 years! They have become extremely efficient over all that time also. It's not unusual to see a waitress carry 6 or 8 glasses of water along with several plates of food at one time! The people at the Texas Hot are great. You will feel like you never left Wellsville when you're at the Hot.
Every time one of our grown children returns home we have to eat at the Texas Hot, usually several times! I have flown to Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO with frozen containers of Texas Hot sauce carried in my check-through luggage as a treat for my son and his wife!
If I had to pick our favorites on the menu I would definitely include the Texas Hots and Texas Cheeseburgers, french fries (with gravy), milkshakes, vanilla Pepsi and of course no trip it complete without a piece of their yummy homemade pie!
Several celebrities have visited The Texas Hot over the years and their signed photos are hanging on the walls there. They include, Donny Osmond, Shirley Johnson and Bill Pullman (who is somewhat of a local here).

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Known for their Texas Hot Dog their menue includes a selection of home cooked dinners A mainstay in Wellsville Open seven days a week. A must.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at this restaurant tonight. The restaurant was full of people. We sat in a booth but you can also sit at the counter on a stool.

My husband ordered roast pork and I ordered 1/2 fish fry. The food was delicious and a generous serve. My husband had a beer and I ordered a soft-drink. When we got the bill it totalled $21.32!!! When we arrived we had intended on having dessert but just couldn't fit it in unfortunately as the fruit pies sounded great.

We would return to this restaurant if we were back in Wellingsville. If you enjoy good food at a cheap price try Texas Hot, you won't be sorry.