“Very good fusion of European foods, including German, French, etc.”

Old Erie Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Weedsport
Cuisines: American, German, European
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Somerville, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good fusion of European foods, including German, French, etc.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We've got onion soup and pulled pork sandwich. The onion soup was simply amazing. Pulled pork was good, but, perhaps, could be more flavorful and juicier (just something they can work on).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dmitry Y

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Look forward to dinner every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Every time we go in there w look forward to the specials! we are never disappointed, from the soup to the dessert (which is usually to go because I'm so full!!) Great portion size, service is always with a smile,oh and definitely appreciated the local wines on the menu! All in all i would definitely recommend stopping in for a homemade meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank hollybear33
Syracuse, New York
“Do yourself a favor forget this restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Our family decided to pick a restaurant close to Rochester & Syracuse to celebrate 2 birthdays. We dine out a lot, Ii work in the hospitality industry and I have never witnesses such disgusting practices and mismanagement in my life. The server gave my husbands meal to our mother who started to eat it because our food was getting cold while waiting for others. After mom ate some of it the waitress took it away went to the kitchen for a minute & served the SAME plate to my husband complete with eaten seafood tails & all. My husband told her to take it away as she had no comment when he confronted her about used food. My risotto special with seafood had barely any seafood and was in a puddle of sauce with rice served hard not even close to good for the $22 price for good creamy risotto. Wrong wine was brought to the table, my meal was un-eaten and no comment from server about a to go or if there was an issue. The WORST was management came out from the kitchen to the server area to stare never once apologizing or acknowledging this clear health code violation, bad service, and poor quality food. They did us a favor by not charging us the meal they tried to serve my husband! We still paid for the salad he ordered for dinner afraid to give a second shot at gross kitchen or server practices. Stay away!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Zito55
London, ON
“Not what we expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were driving though on our way back home from NYC. From the outside I was expecting pub style food and when I saw the menu I admit I was surprised. I had some of the best homemade pierogies I've ever had. Everything was homemade. There was your typical pub food, including homemade mozzarella sticks, but also veal, pork, homemade pastas. Everything we ordered was very tasty. Our server was friendly and made sure we were happy. I was happy we discovered this place. We don't like chain restaurants and stopping at a new place is hit or miss but this place was a great discovery.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Laurie3950
Canandaigua, New York
“Not too bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were driving through town and just stopped on a whim. Not a bad choice, but probably not the best choice. Decor is dated, that musty damp smell you find in so many so so restaurants. Flies! Food and service were good, I noticed at 12:56 there were only 5 groups and atleast 4 of them were out of towners! That should tell you something.

• Visited July 2013