“a quiet find in Webster NY”
Review of Mona Lisa Cafe - CLOSED

Mona Lisa Cafe
New York City, New York
“a quiet find in Webster NY”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Mostly desserts, all yummy and fresh; they do offer a few light meals as well. Their coffees are superb. Nice atmosphere,. in a small town plaza

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Scouternurse S

Webster, New York, United States
“Great Desserts”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Their menu is somewhat limited, but well prepared. The dessert case is worth the trip though .....

Visited January 2012
Ontario, New York
“Great atmosphere and fabulous food”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is a small cafe with limited seating. It has a huge selection of gourmet desserts and gelatos. We both ordered salads to begin the meal and were amazed by the size. We did not know the entrees would be so large. My husband had Chicken Parmegian with ziti. It came with enough chicken to have there and make up two lunches for work. It was cooked perfectly and the sauce was to die for. My dinner was encrusted salmon with spinach and on a bed of chopped portabello mushrooms and peppers. We both took half of our salads home along with a good part of our dinners. The waitress was very friendly and checked back often. I guess we will have to sometime just for dessert!

Visited March 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A great Itialan Bistro in Webster!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I had the chance to visit here last week. While we entered with the intent of just getting some gelato, we ended up having a full lunch! I've been to Italy a few times and this place is fairly true to traditional Italian Bistros, they even have outdoor seating.

They say that a good way to judge a foreign cuisine restaurant is how many nationals are there. (IE, Thai people go to good Thai restaurants). There were at least 6 people speaking full Italian there on Sunday morning! And by the looks of it, they go there all the time. So that should tell you something.

The food was very good. The gelato spectacular! Our waitress was very attentive to our needs and answered a lot of questions we had about the food, the restaurant, and Italy in general.

My wife & I shared a calamari appetizer and chicken parmigiana and we were both filled. Both were HUGE! I couldn't imagine eating that myself! And I can eat a lot...

This place is not cheap, but I believe for the amount and quality of food you get, the prices are reasonable. The 2 of us had shared appetizer, chicken parmigiana, and gelato for $35 with tip. And we were very satisfied. For 1 person $35 would be a lot, but you get so much food for that $35, if you were by yourself, you'd have to take home leftovers.

I believe they actually encourage sharing, making the meal more intimate. This would be a great place to bring a date!

Next time I'll try some of the pastries they have. They looked incredible!!

• Visited March 2012
Rochester, New York
“Amazing and so close to home.”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were wondering if there were any restaurants in our home town worth going to given the mixed reviews posted on TA. Well, no more wondering! Our main reason for going was to get an entry on our United Airlines dining program to avoid expiring miles. That drew us in and we'll be back for the food and the fine service.