“Decent Bar Food”

Dining options: Late Night
Webster, NY
“Decent Bar Food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

TC Hooligans is basically a sports bar, with two large rooms, one primarily a bar, and the other a dining room, both having a number of televisions tuned to numerous sports channels. The menu is slightly limited, but on Saturday evenings, they do serve a pretty decent prime rib.

My only complaint, really, is the ambiance, or should I say lack of it. I'm not a big "sports bar person", but my wife and I like to dine out on Saturday evenings, and be able to chat while we dine. Yeah, then we shouldn't go to sports bar, but Hooligans is close to home, the food is decent, and in all honesty, there aren't that many places to go in Webster....

• Visited November 2013

Ontario
“Great night out at Hooligan's.”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We visited here on a Saturday night over Easter weekend. We were a party of 10, 4 adults and 6 children. We were able to sit all together in a large booth which was nice. We all enjoyed a decent meal of standard pub fare. The drink specials were good too. The kids enjoyed their kids meals. The children and our husbands were kept entertained by a balloon animal lady. The service was great. We'd go back for sure. The value was good too, we fed our family of 6 for $60 including a few drinks for the adults!

• Visited April 2014
Rochester, New York
1,980 restaurant reviews
“Good food at a large (but quiet) bar”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stopped into Hooligans today while out running errands today. I was looking for a quick lunch, and decided to add a beer onto the meal, so Hooligans seemed about right.

The bar was very quiet when I entered, a little after noon on SuperBowl Sunday. There were only a couple people seated at the bar, and one table occupied. Because of this, the service was extremely fast, which I appreciated.

I ordered a crab cake sandwich from the hamburger menu, which I thought a little odd at the time, but it was served on a hamburger roll with hamburger side orders, so it made sense. I asked for cole slaw instead of French Fries, which they gave me. The crab cake "burger" was actually surprisingly good. They did something with it which impressed me; they brought it out slightly fried with a crispy outer crust. Rather than tasting soggy, it was perfect in the bun, with the perfect seafood sauce on top. I really enjoyed it. The Sam Adams beer went down well to, but that's a different matter.

The bar has a number of big screen TVs arranged around all sides, so you can watch just about any game or sport you'd like. If you don't see it, the bartender is more than happy to change a channel for you.

By the way, if you go to look this place up to make a reservation, its full name is "Hooligans Eastside Grill."

This was a good visit. I would come back, especially for lunch.

• Visited February 2014
Birmingham, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Monday Night Football Spot”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a spot to watch Monday night football during a business trip to Rochester/Webster. T C Hooligans was suggested and I must say it is a very cool spot. I sat in the bar area which was very lively. During halftime of the game there was a hotwings eating contest! This place also has a DJ who played music during halftime. All different ages were hanging out in this bar. Great place to watch a sporting event and eat some good wings.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nicole J
“Better Options Out There”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Hooligans is a sports bar with quite an extensive menu. The food is okay. We probably won't be back. There are much better options in Rochester.

We had:
Buffalo Wings - they tasted okay But they were small and they only served the wing part, not the drummies.

Loaded potato skins - obviously frozen from a bag. Bland.

Wood fired Margarita Pizza - best of the night. Crust was tender and chewy. Considering it is the middle of July, the tomatoes, surprisingly, were pale and flavorless. It would be so easy to kick the pizza up a notch, by locally sourcing the tomatoes. If they did that, we'd be back.

With one beer and a glass of water our bill came to $35 with tax. Add a tip for the pleasant waitress and we paid $42 for a mediocre dinner.

• Visited July 2013