“horrible catereing buisness”

NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible catereing buisness”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

if your smart you will NEVER use this company to cater anything. We had them for our wedding and ran out of food. When i called them she told me the people were only supposed to take one kind of meat, not some of each! I've never in my life heard of such a thing, nor have i been to any wedding reception that told you such a thing. Needless to say i will NEVER recomend them to anyone. Bad attitude and very bad customer service.

• Visited November 2010

Rochester, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food - but they need to tidy up their food handling procedures!”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

The food at Salads Etc is fantastic. I'd been a regular customer for many months and loved everything I'd tried there. The service is a little slow (I sometimes felt like they'd forget my panini while they were working on other people's orders), but I was willing to live with it. The last time I was there (mid-Dec), I watched in horror as the OWNER of the restaurant handled money from a customer with gloves on (a no-no) then immediately afterward began making a salad for another customer, touching all pieces that went into the salad (which can get them shut down by the health department). She made two other orders this same way. I was going to tell her to throw my sandwich out, but for some reason, she changed gloves right before handling my food. Maybe it was my horrified face as I'd watched her put her germy hands into all the open salad fixings. Ugh. This place is off my list for a while. I'm not sure how you open a restaurant and don't know and abide by health code. It's a shame because it's the freshest, healthiest meal in town.

1 Thank dawn316
Webster
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I love Salads Etc and while I think that they may be on the pricey side, they have excellent food that has me going back at least once a week. My favorites are the Spinach and Greek salads. I have tried a few of their sandwiches and soups and they are good as well. I have yet to have something there that I did not like. If you enjoy eating out and want a healthy substitute to the normal lunch routine, this is the place to go.

“Wish it were larger”