“Horrible customer service”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Webster
Syracuse
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We blocked rooms at this hotel for our wedding guests because it was close to the reception. We decided to secure a block of rooms ~6 months before our wedding. When we blocked the rooms the online rate was $150 and they quoted us room rates of $150 as well. I was under the impression that when you blocked room they would give you a deal, I guess the Holiday Inn Express does not do that.

A month or so before the wedding we decided to go online and check out the room rates just for fun. They were down to $120 or so but they were still charging our guests $150. When we asked them about this, they said the room rates must have went down. We informed our guest not to book their room through our wedding block because it would cost them more money and to just book the room and then mention they were with our wedding party.

When we checked into our room, they had over charged us, they fixed it but it shouldn't have even been a problem to begin with.

Just a FYI (not sure if its all HIE or just this one), if you book best available price, you automatically get charged for the room right a way. So you can't cancel the reservation, you have to pay a "deposit" which is the full amount.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank hkmason
ROCWB, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
Good Afternoon,
The Holiday Inn Express Webster has recently gone through numerous changes including a new General and Assistant General Manager as well as a new management company. We understand you have had issue in the past but we look forward to the possible opportunity to host you and your guests the next time a need arises.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Northeast PA
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a softball tournament and I couldn't have been happier. First, the hotel is immaculate, the rooms are spacious, and the staff was terrific (I did not run into any of the service complaints referred to in the other reviews here). Right behind the hotel is a beautiful park with walking trails. Our room overlooked the park and lake and it was beautiful. Breakfast was great and I would not hesitate to return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We chose this hotel because of proximity to Palmyra. It was new, clean and our two Queen room was impressively spacious. LIked the flat screen TV, friendly/helpful staff, new style bedding (white duvet with folded blanket at bottom), good shower.

The breakfast was nothing special but par for the basic, HI breakfast course. Could use some fruit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
asjhd25
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I had a friend recommend this hotel to me and after reading the reviews on this website I have to admit I was a little skeptical. However, after staying here I must say it was a wonderful hotel. The staff there was very friendly and helpful. The facilitiy was meticulously clean and the breakfast was exceptional. They even shuttled me to and from the local grocery store so I could pick up some things that I had forgotten to bring with me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Rochester area. I will certainly come back to this hotel when I am in the area.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Richmond Va
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Very comfortable, pleasant, would definitely stay here again.
Only one negative comment. The pool was so heavily chlorinated that it was impossible to use it. We are not particularly affected by chlorine but this pool was impossible. But otherwise, the hotel was great, and at the back was a good sized lake with ducks (should have brought my shotgun) and a paved path all the way around. Also, within about a half mile there is a Wegmanns grocery store, which is probably the best grocery store I have ever been in, except perhaps for those in France.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This hotel was nice on the outside, and when you first walk in. Then you encounter the hotel front desk staff. Saying anything other than absolutely terrible, would not do it justice. The front desk clerks were rude and short. I experienced many problems during my stay which was unfortunate because I was in town for a wedding and was excited about having a great time. There were Gross looking stains that could only be explained as ejaculation stains on the blanket on top of the bed, there was used soap in the bath tub that i noticed when I was stepping into the shower, and when I tried to throw it in the garbage i slipped and hit my head on the back of the tub. Later when i checked out and was asked how my stay went, I told the clerk what all had happened. I never got an apology or asked if there was anything that they could do!!! I asked to speak to a manager and was told that the manager did not want to be bothered! So I took my reciept and was told I was all set. All I can say is it's Holiday Inn Expresses like these that give them all a bad name.

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank cmickle12
Good Afternoon,
The Holiday Inn Express Webster has recently gone through numerous changes including a new General and Assistant General Manager as well as a new management company. We understand you have had issue in the past but we look forward to the possible opportunity to host you the next time a need arises.

Philadelphia
Reviewed April 6, 2009

THE WORST COSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!
lied, cheated and bullied me and my kids.
We (50) + people stayed in this hotel; the day I checked in the room was dirty! Used towels still in bathroom stuff on the walls and AC/Heat was broken. I told them about these problems they told me they would fix them. I came back 6 hours later, went to take a shower opened the shower to find someone’s soap and shampoo still in the bath tub. NEVER CLEANED! Even worst no AC/ HEAT at all. They(front desk person) told me they would move me. I asked about my things they said to leave them in that room because it was late and they had NO housekeeping service or Maintenance to fix these problems. The room could not be sold and my things would be safe. (It was after11:00pm) so I left my things and took my shower bag to the new room. The evening clerk told me a manager would talk to me in the morning and they would take care of the cost for that day. Took shower in new room and went to bed.
Next morning I move my things into the new room, NO MANAGER talks to me. I go out to my event 4 hour later I come back and ask about the manager, they said he would get to me. I go back to my event come back 2 hours later. The Manager introduces himself and right off the bat starts telling me I did not contact him when I had a problem. and this is my fault? He tells me I am lucky they don’t charge me for two rooms- he said because I left my things in the room like I was told to. He tells me he could have sold that room? I told him that was not true, and he knew it! The staff told me they could not sell the room because it was broken and people were not available to fix it. He told me that there would be no compensation like I was told. He said NO ONE can do that but him and he said I did not have a problem because I have a room! He told me the desk person was not going to be working there after Saturday and he can’t make any decisions. I said how is that my problem? I was told I should have contacted him and not the front desk at night? I told him how could I do that when I did not know him and when is it my responsibility to manage the staff? HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO? I am a guest of the hotel not staff. Then He told me to stop complaining. I asked him and 3 other staff to speak to the general manager the said NO! He could not be reached for me? The staff said they could not because he would FIRE THEM! He was a bully and he had NO customer service of any kind! I told him he was pathetic and he was a liar. He then threatened me and told me he could kick me out of the hotel!
I went to my room called Holiday inn customer service national number and they said to not worry they would take care of this after I left. I went out of my room and he told me to PACK MY THINGS HE WAS KICKING ME OUT! He said he had the power to do this and he was showing me who was BOSS! My key was wiped so I could not get back in my room and my things were still in the room. They were holding my things till I said do I need to call the police to get my things out of my room? I was let in my room and told to leave… customer service said he could do this because he could refuse service to anyone he wanted. They would look into it??? Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn…

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank kevcaraz

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester East
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster? Share your experiences!