“great family trip”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Webster
Mebane, North Carolina
“great family trip”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Excellent staff, great free breakfast, wonderful amenities. Very clean and quiet.. Wish we had time to use pool and weight room. We have family in the area and it was great to have a place to go to that felt like home. Would like to come back during Thanksgiving if we can just get another good deal.

Room Tip: stay far away from elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ROCWB, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much, we would love to have you again for your next family get together!

585-872-0900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Don't get me wrong, their rooms were very nice, but their Service was rated in at a -10. I booked this hotel for after my wedding reception. When I called on September 5, 2012 to find out how many rooms were booked, I was told 14. When I called on September 26, 2012, I was told only 12. When I asked for a list of who booked, there were 14 rooms on the list. There was also a block of rooms that were never added, I needed 15 rooms booked to get the shuttle for free. I finally get the shuttle, which I'm told when I booked this hotel that I have use of exclusively all night, and I'm told that we get 4 runs total. I was also told it was a 10 passenger van. It turns out, it only had 7 seats. Then the 20 minute round trip ride I was told would take an hour. When I finally checked into the hotel as the bride, I was told I didn't have a room. They couldn't find my reservation, but they had my credit card number. They proceeded to give me a room key to my parents room (who wants to bunk with their parents on their room night) and they tried to charge both of us for that one room! Then they tried to give us a room key to my brother's room and charge us for that one as well. Finally, they were able to somehow figure out they checked me in under my mother and brother's name and there was a third room (this one was supposed to be my brother's and they gave him and my mother the King Size Suite). We were able to switch the rooms around, but when the morning came, they billed my mom for all 3 rooms! When I went to check-out, I tried to straighten it all out, they said they could only find two rooms booked to my mom but were charging her for 3, makes sense doesn't it? Oh, and they couldn't find the room we stayed in being occupied by anyone or the paper they made me sign the night before. The worst part, they did this for several people in my block, including people with different last names. They have absolutely no clue what rooms are booked and what rooms they gave away. Bottom line, for a big group, such as a wedding, save yourself the headache and book the Hampton Innn down the street.

Room Tip: Book at the Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear CeaStar_85,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. I am please you found our rooms commendable. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the poor customer services received, shuttle service as well as the issues you encountered regarding your reservations and room allocations. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences for us to improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have had 3 recent experiences with this hotel chain over the summer and the Webster site sealed the deal that this will be my go-to hotel. Upon arrival at these hotels, they always look modern, clean, and inviting. The staff has always been helpful, kind, and efficient. The Webster location had a beautiful (and large) flower arrangement at the check in desk which is a subtle, yet very welcome touch. They also had a welcome gift ready at check-in which was unexpected and nice. Pretzels and bottled water. May not sound like much, but something as simple as that after I unpack my car makes me feel relaxed. Just vegging out with the TV, pretzels, and some bottled water to wash it down. Breakfast bar was (and always is at this chain) AWESOME! QUIET! NICE BEDS! No, I do not work for this company, I just really enjoy the consistent experience at this chain. Thank you for the free wifi and the consistency!

Room Tip: There is no room service, but I can't get it to take that option out of the rating (I didn't...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ROCWB, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your honest opinion. We strive to maintain a consistant level of satisfaction and take pride in our hotel work so it is good to hear you have noticed that and appriciate it as well. Thank you again and come back again soon!

Manning, SC
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Couldn't ask for more. The night clerk, Marquis, was friendly, helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast was fine, room was clean and roomy.
Nicely landscaped with a walking trail and lake.
I will DEFINITELY go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. We work hard to make your stay enjoyable and smooth!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2012

You can always expect the same thing from Holiday Inn Express and this was no different - great service, great rooms, great beds, free parking, free wifi, free breakfast. We arrived late at night and the location seemed very safe. We were going to Rochester to visit the Strong Museum of Play and staying not too close to the city was a great idea safety-wise.

It was a long weekend so the place was pretty full. Breakfast was packed but the staff were very quick to replenish. My 3-year-old got to put in some pool time just before we checked out.

I just wish HIE had a better customer loyalty programme. Its too convoluted and none-too straightforward.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for chooseing to stay with us during your family trip to Strong Museum! Our loyalty program is called Priority Club. Everytime you book directly through the hotel you earn points for your stay. This means not using Third party sites like Priceline or Hotwire. Once you check in you earn ten points for every dollar you spend in our hotel. Our points never ever expire and you recieve perks for being a member, you can cash your points in for merchandise or a free night stay at a propety of your choice. Hope to see you again soon!

ontario, canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights. This hotel should be a 4 star hotel. The room was beautiful. Free breakfast was great...there was hot food and it was replenished quickly. There is a 1 mile walking trail out back around a pond. Very nice area

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The lobby is clean, the checking/out staff were great.

The rooms are light, clean, spacious..lots of reading lights!

The breakfast was so good, honestly better than the usual HIE breakfast!
I can't say enough about how nice this hotel is!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ROCWB, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and noticing our hard work to make your stay a success!

5858720900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester East
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster? Share your experiences!