“Chinese Food!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
“Chinese Food!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good taste! They won't give you forks or napkins to go unless you ask for them! They do not accept cards unless is $10.00 or more.

Visited February 2014

Webster, New York
“Great food but no customer appreciation”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I gave it 3 stars as the food is really great if enough attention is paid while taking order especially over the phone. The place doesn't have enough seats inside the restaurant which implies that it is necessarily a pick-up/delivery business. They do advertise as a delivery business. I order from them at least once a week to deliver. At times,I did not have very good experiences with the people who take order due to lack of communication skills. It appears as though not enough attention was paid while taking the order. Either the dishes ordered are not the ones that are delivered or the few accompaniments that are supposed to be provided with the dishes are missing or even the address is not noted correctly which results in late delivery. In my experience their delivery always takes longer than informed by the owner over the phone as 30-45 minutes, and if called to check, they never accept that the order was taken more than 45 minutes back (even when confronted with the proof of time on the receipt ). It happened to me too frequently and I ended up checking with them more than twice. Last time, a person who identified himself as the manager (owner's son as confirmed by the lady who runs the business) was not happy to the extent of being rude and impolite to me as according to him , I check for my food all the time and he was straight forward that he does not care for my business. This shows no customer appreciation and no value for the money they earn from customers. So, It certainly was a very bad experience. I do not see myself ordering from them anymore. BEWARE!! Check for your order at your own risk.

• Visited March 2014
Webster, New York
“A great place for tofu dishes.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We order from China Chef frequently. If it were up to my teenage sons we would have their tofu dishes every week. My family likes theri Orange Tofu, General Tso's Tofu and Kung Pao Tofu. They also have some great tasting Vegetable Mei Fun. They are friendly and the prices are reasonable.

Visited June 2013
Rochester, New York
“Love the lunch specials”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm a fan of good hot and sour soup and they have the best in the area and one of the best I have had anywhere. Would not recommend trying to dine there, but for take out it's a great value with many choices on the menu.

Visited March 2013
Webster NY
“One of the best in Rochester!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Food was perfectly cooked. Both dinners involved chicken but it wasn't ground up "mystery meat" inside the coating like you often get at Chinese takeouts. The egg rolls we unbelievably dry on the outside, unlike the usual slight greasiness and just as tasty as any I've ever had. My order of General Tso's could have been a little more spicy but I was given the option of how hot I'd like it and I just guessed wrong; next time I"ll go one step hotter. My fiance's sweet and sour chicken was also nice chunks of white meat and delicious.

Visited September 2012