“Very good dine-in Chinese experience”

Jade Palace Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 128 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Matawan, New Jersey, United States
“Very good dine-in Chinese experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a large party which was easily accommadated. The service was prompt, good selection and the quality was very good. Large and inviting

• Visited April 2012

Rochester, New York
“excellent food, even better service”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I had an experience recently at the Jade Palace i wanted to share. I have given the Jade Palace my business for years, and have recently come to find out that not only do they have great food but the service is even better.

I picked up an order from the restaurant and was on my way out to my car. I reached for my keys, changed the grip on the bag (to the top of the bag) and the bag did what it was supposed to do, it ripped. Contents spilled out all over the parking lot, and right next to a parked car with an occupant, who hastened to add "oooh... thaaat suuuck$$"

a more accurate statement, this young person has likely never made :) in any caes i managed to save the main portion of the order, but the sauces and rice etc. were a loss.

not my most proud moment, but i made the decsion to pick up what i could, cut my losses and drive away.

i got a phone call from the restaurant sometime later inquiring about the mess in the parking lot, and not because it was as mess, but they were concerned that i lost my meal. and a 1/2 hour from then the store manager no less, drives out to my home and delivers a duplicate order.

now, the accident was no fault of the restaurant, it was a negligent act on my part. but to go to that level for a customer, with nothing really to be gained was a very kind gesture indeed.

so, shout out to Jade Palace, and its management and staff, great food, even better service.

ps, i am posting this in the hopes that people dont start dropping things in the parking lot hoping for additional food, please dont repeat this :)

Visited March 2012
Webster, New York
“If you like Chinese food, check out this place”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Jade Palace has a wide variety of food; I particularly love the seafood dishes. They have several specials a night which have unique combinations such as shrimp and eggplant.
I've never had a bad meal there. The restaurant is roomy and the decorations are typical of Chinese restaurants.

• Visited February 2012
Rochester, New York
2,004 restaurant reviews
“Restaurant was good, but now declining”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Jade Palace is a local area Chinese restaurant that has "seen better days," As a matter of fact, I didn't want to give this place only two stars, but I had to in the interest of doing an honest review. It would be a bit higher if I was to take into account the historical record, but I wouldn't want to steer anyone in there today.

Jade Palace is a large restaurant, and the interior is largely unchanged since its heyday. The carpets are old and fading, and the inside of the place has a bit of an odor to it that could probably only be cleared by changing the carpets and repainting. It's a shame, because much of its downfall is probably due to the fact that its lost much of its clientelle as the Xerox technology center in Webster has shrunk. But still, there is no denying the fact that the place is in decline.

The food is OK, and I've noticed very little difference in the standard Chinese dishes, such as the lo mein, Kung Pow, and other staples. However, the seafood dishes have declined to the point where I try not to eat them when I'm at the Jade. Last visit there, my wife and daughter both became ill within a few hours of our meal. I tried to show them (by eating their leftovers later that night) that the food was fine....but I soon began feeling a bit queezy as well, which led to my aversion of their seafood selections,

Not much else to say here....I would not got back to Jade again, as long as their are other good Chinese restaurants in the area.

• Visited February 2011
New York City, New York
“nice decor; friendly staff. Average food.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Huge menu; the staff was very nice about explaining foods; spiciness, etc.
Daily specials also enticing. Mostly asian foods; but a few American dishes to be had as well.
Nicely stocked bar. Not rushed to finish, at all. Nice family restaurant.
They are also known to celebrate Chinese New Year with specials foods and music and such. Great daily hours as well.

• Visited September 2011