“This is Where it's at”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, NY
“This is Where it's at”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was so long ago that I was last at Hedges 9 Mile Point Restuarant it seems like it was a dream I had. So I was extremely anxious to relive this experience. It was a special occassion for my GF and I, her brother and partner to take her parents out to dinner to celebrate an 86th birthday.

One could see from the vehicles parked in the parking lot that this was going to be one heck of a well-to-do dining experience. The location on the shores of Lake Ontario offered a magnificent view. Many patrons were out and about on the lawn to soak in the view.

Our reservations were for 7:00 PM and the restuarant was packed. We only had time enough to order a drink from the long long bar and our table was ready. We had asked for a table near a window and that's exactly what we got. A very beautiful view and a table that easily accommodated the six of us. Our server Rick was promptly at our table to welcome us and recite the specials of the evening.

The menu was typical for our locale, but not as extensive as I would have imagined. The prices on the menu were notable and one could only hope the food was as good as the pricing. We ordered three seafood combos over angel hair spagetti, two crabcake dinners and I ordered the middle prime, it's name escapes me. The salads and bread were good, but the bread was fast to disappear and no offer to replace with more.

When the meals arrived I was overwhelmed at the size of the Prime Rib. I thought it a mistake but was told it was correct. It was huge. Everyone commented that their food was delicious. My prime as big as it was, was just a tad cool for me. I would say it was warm not hot. But OMG! was it tender and delicious. I was giddie with enthusiasm for each bite. Delicious!

We were all stuffed by the time dinner was over. Everyone but I took leftovers home. As full as we were we decided to have some dessert to celebrate the birthday. My GF and I had a type of fudge with brownie sunday and it was so good we fought over the last bite.

All in all this was a wonderful dining experience. I could not help but notice that at even 9:00 PM the restuarant was still crowded with patrons. Oh and I forgot to mention that there was live entertainment in the lounge off the bar.

I will definitely be going back to Hedges again and I would recommend and encourage anyone to go there as well.

• Visited August 2013

Rochester, New York
“Inconsistent food, but lovely view”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was looking forward to returning to Hedges because last year we had had an awesome lobster bisque - it was more lobster than bisque. This year, 3 of us ordered it, and while there were a few bits of lobster in 2 of our cups, 1 barely had any shreds of lobster - it was mostly cream soup. The crabcakes were fine, but undistinguished (again, more breading than crab). The steak special was a good size and nicely done, but at $50+, it had better have been! The sides of rice were extremely dry and the broccoli was overcooked.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MaggieNeedlefish
Rochester, New York
“Beautfiul waterfront dining on Lake Ontario”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Definitely a location with atmosphere and fine dining. Seafood and beef dishes are all excellent. Some of the best Clams Casino my husband has ever had. In the summer months, this place makes you feel like you have dined in a tropical location!

• Visited August 2012
Richmond Va
“In the words of Gen. MacArthur........ "I shall return"....”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visit Hedges only once per year because we don't live in New York state. But we have never been disappointed. Only for lunch though so cannot comment on dinner. I have reviewed Hedges before, but have not changed my opinion.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank xkdude
Sylvania, Ohio
“Great waterfront dining on Lake Ontario”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our hotel reccommended this restaurant as we wanted something local and unique. Even though it was a unseasonably cold spring evening we decided to sit outside on the enclosed patio and got to witness one of the best sunsets I have ever seen on any of the great lakes. Food was great very extensive wine list including many local favorites. The carmel cake desert was one of the best I have ever had. Our waitress mentioned that usually you need reservations for a Saturday night, but since the weather was so chilly we really lucked out on our experience. Already counting the days until our next trip back to Hedges.

• Visited May 2013