“Wow - A Regular For Sure”
Review of Jasmine's Asian Fusion - CLOSED

Jasmine's Asian Fusion
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

While traveling on business, our crew tried Jasmine's on a whim, having heard nothing about it at all. Since that first visit, we've eaten there six times in the past two months - it's that good.

The chef does amazing things with sauces for the appetizers, and the appetizers are the stars of the menu. Calamari, Chicken Satay, Crab Rangoon, Spring Rolls... you really can't go wrong.

Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I would have to say that this dining experience was one of the best my wife and I have shared in the Rochester area. Jasmine's was great from start to finish. Our server (Diane, I believe) was tremendous as she was attentive, patient with explanations of entree's, and efficient. The wine/drink list is enough for just drinks and tappas but don't miss out on their perfectly prepared dinners. We started with the calamari and fresh spring rolls which were both cooked to perfection. The rolls were fresh and light and the calamari was lightly fried--so you could taste the squid and not just the batter.

The dinner was absolutely perfect. My wife and I split the Chicken Satay and the Pad Thai with Tofu. The noodles and veggies made this dish something to drool over--I can't wait to go back and try something different. The tofu was cooked to perfection as well and complimented the spices and veggies without taking over. The sauce and heat applied was just the right amount.

More importantly, our server made the dining experience for us. We knew little of the menu and she patiently explained each dish that we had questions about, some a few times over...with repeated trips to our table to check on us and to make sure that we were completely satisfied. She also mentioned that some dishes take a few minutes longer to prepare than other restaurants due to the fresh nature of the ingredients for each prepared dish. This we appreciated very much as nothing was put together from food already cooked earlier. Instead, each dish is made individually, taking more time but so well worth the wait. It actually allowed us to enjoy our wine and appetizers and made us fully ready for the main course.

The prices were very fair and I rate this experience a well deserved "Excellent". Thank you to the Jasmine staff for making this dinner for us just perfect. We will talk it up and you will definitely see us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I chose Jasmine's based on the Trip Advisor reviews. The décor was gorgeous, the host was gracious and the live music was a great addition to the overall ambiance. My husband said he has had much better Pad Thai, but we both loved our appetizer: the Sesame Laos Beef Jerky. Delicious! I loved my entrée, but this leads us to the service we received. Another couple arrived 15 minutes after we did. They received their wine and appetizers before we received our wine. It took another half hour for our appetizer to arrive. We had the same server by the way. A mother and daughter arrived a half hour after we did and they received their entrees 15 minutes before we did. Again, they had the same server. I do hope the owner(s) of Jasmine's read these reviews. This would have been our go to place for date-night, but the service ruined it for us.

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed May 30, 2013

we went to jasmines on may 25,2013.. had to be in webster on that day and looked here for restaurant reviews..and i must say we were more than happy with our time spent there.. we were greeted by the host and the wonderful sounds of ted nicolosi and his son 'shared genes.'. .. we were seated at the best table there.. on the elevated dining area overlooking the bar and lower floor.. our waitress .. the charming 'jeep' was extremely attentive and so friendly .. i thought that we knew her personally.. we were served a wonderful meal.. and at a very leisurely pace... which is what we always appreciate.. the music was excellent.. and enhanced our wonderful evening.. as usual we were some of the last to leave.. and because of the fine guitar sounds of ted and his son... we had another drink at the bar until they finished playing.. the staff and the patrons .. which we felt were family and regulars . made us feel like we have been going there for some time.. we couldnt have had a nicer time.. we fully recomend this gem of a restaurant and cant wait until we get a chance to visit again... mike and denise

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Jasmine's is a really nice place with great Asian food. None of us are sure which Asian country they mean...it's probably more Thai than anything, but it's all good just the same.

We stopped in for dinner last night and ordered a variety of appetizers and dinner dishes. I had a Thai dish that resembled (in almmost all ways) panaang shrimp. I told the waitress that I liked it "hotter than they'd dare serve to most customers," and she did exactly as I requested! Yum! It was pretty blazing hot. The peanut-curry sauce was wonderful, with just the right balance between sweet and savory.

For appetizers, two of us had fresh chicken spring rolls, as they don't make them with shrimp. Also, instead of the traditional peanut dipping sauce, they use a unique fruited sauce that is the color of a diluted duck sauce. It's actually quite good on the spring rolls.

The inside of Jasmine's is an attractive, bi-level dining room with a bar up front. It is dimly lit, so you may need a little help reading the menu.

This is not one of those places that has five pages of entrees, so don't expect a massively varied menu. However, what they do make, they make very well, and they are also not averse to customizing your dish to meet your needs and desires. The help is very friendly here, and really goes out of their way to please you. I gave this place 4, but it is a high 4, and could be a low 5. It's a wonderful dinner, and I would love to come back here again soon!