“yummm!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Fair Haven, New York
“yummm!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent Indian food!! I am very familiar with Indian food, and I cook it also, so, while I not an expert, I think I know what the food should taste like. The food was wonderful and service excellent. We had appetizers and 2 main courses, which we shared. Everything was fantastic. Service was wonderful, but it was early int he evening. The server said they have a buffet at lunch and on Tues.? evenings. We had a bikti and a biryani and both were seasoned perfectly. You can specify the hot-ness, and it was hot but tasty. My friend, who had not eaten Indian food, was impressed also. Sometimes Indian food can be oily, not so here. In fact, I thought it was more healthy than most. I will be back, frequently.

• Visited March 2013

2,004 restaurant reviews
“Great food, atmosphere is very so-so”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We enjoy this place, and visit it every few months. As always, the food was quite good; I ordered a seafood mahkni, which was different forms of seafood in a tomato cream sauce, which I ordered "extra spicey." It was great for taste, but not for the level of heat. (Our waitress told me that it was "as hot as it gets," so I guess that's all I could ask.)

This place does have very good food, and sufficient service. My only recommendation for your visit would be that you wear a warm sweater or coat, because any seat in the outer half of the room gets blasted by cold air from outside. Still, this place is worth a visit.

One last hint here: if you like a particular Indian dish, and you don't see it on the menu, just ask. They do make custom orders to please their diners!

Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
“4 dishes delivered on a Friday at 7:30pm”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

2/2/2013 We all had cravings for Indian food. Portions were small. Meat Mughlai Korma sauce was good but only 6 small chunks of lamb which were hard and overcooked. Chicken Makhni was the best dish, on the sweet side but delicious. 2 pints of rice for 4 dishes. Chana Masala was decent but not a lot of flavor, Jeera Aloo same way. One piece of good Naan for $2. Mint chutney excellent, raita very watery and not yogurty. 60 dollars not worth it, but would eat the Chicen Makhni again. We were disappointed. Come on, guys, help us out here!!

• Visited February 2013
Rochester, New York
“Had the lunch buffet a couple times”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stopped in a couple of times for the lunch buffet. While not the best Indian food I've ever had, it was certainly very good and there is no question that I will be heading back there again. I'd really like to give it a try for dinner sometime and my parents recommend eating there as well.

There always seems to be a lunch crowd here, and both times it was packed with people which I think speaks to its quality. You get free bread with your buffet which is < $10. Good stuff.

• Visited January 2013
2,004 restaurant reviews
“Great food here, as always!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Tandoor Flame is a wonderful Indian restaurant with really, really great food. What I enjoy about this place is that the dishes are a little different than many of the other local Indian restaurants. Tonight, I had "seafood mahkni" (spelling?), which was seafood with raisins and nuts in a creamy, spicy tomato sauce. It was wonderful, and the servers were also very friendly and attentive.

There are two things that I'd like to suggest if you decide to visit this restaurant, though. The first is important, especially if your trip comes during the winter. Bring along a warm sweater, as you will need it. The place is not heated very well, and many of the patrons tonight chose to wear thair coats through the entire dinner! The second suggestion is that if you are like me, and like your food REALLY hot, ask for the meal served "hot" or "extra hot," not just "spicy." The heat level wasn't as high as I like it, so next time I'll know to use the right buzzword to describe it.

Anyway, it was a great meal, and I'll continue to visit this place in the future.

• Visited December 2012