“Great food here, as always!”
Review of Tandoor Flame - CLOSED

Tandoor Flame
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Tandoor Flame is a wonderful Indian restaurant with really, really great food. What I enjoy about this place is that the dishes are a little different than many of the other local Indian restaurants. Tonight, I had "seafood mahkni" (spelling?), which was seafood with raisins and nuts in a creamy, spicy tomato sauce. It was wonderful, and the servers were also very friendly and attentive.

There are two things that I'd like to suggest if you decide to visit this restaurant, though. The first is important, especially if your trip comes during the winter. Bring along a warm sweater, as you will need it. The place is not heated very well, and many of the patrons tonight chose to wear thair coats through the entire dinner! The second suggestion is that if you are like me, and like your food REALLY hot, ask for the meal served "hot" or "extra hot," not just "spicy." The heat level wasn't as high as I like it, so next time I'll know to use the right buzzword to describe it.

Anyway, it was a great meal, and I'll continue to visit this place in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Just tried this place out tonight. Unfortunately we were there on buffet night. There isn't a huge selection in the buffet. All the food was pretty tasty though and warm! I would definitely go back and try their normal dinner menu, which from looking online seems pretty extensive.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Once in a while I go and try it again. When I'm hungry and feel like Indian food and don't feel like driving to Henrietta. I had good Indian food there a while back. But I've been a little disappointed the last three or four times I've gone. The last time, about a week ago, the chana masala was watery. Tandor chicken was tough. The deep fried dumpling with onions had a strange texture like it wasn't cooked in the middle. The chicken makhani, usually one of my favorites was watery also. Sorry, I can't really recommend it. I wish I could.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

First off... I am not a big fan of Indian food... but I came here with my wife and our friends and have to say I was pleasantly suprised. The buffet was great, nice selection, good service, reasonably priced. I've been converted!!!!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

you can do a lot better in Rochester.

OK, I went there for lunch three times so the review is based on the buffet rather than a real "dinner". maybe they do a better job at night. One lunch was "OK", two were thumbs down.

Generally I found the sauces very thin and very lightly spiced. The impression is that they, for the chicken dishes, simply cut up chunks of cooked chicken and throw it in the sauce before it hits the steam table. i,e, it has not really stewed in the sauce for any appreciable time. Generally I found the a sauces lacked the richness and the complex flavors that I find elsewhere.

Restaurant is clean and tidy and the people are nice and attentive, if that is any consolation

You can do better. If you make a 15 minutedrive over to the Jefferson Road area in Henrietta & Brighton, were I can think of three significantly superior places. (Haveli, Thali, and my favorite Tandoor).