“A Great Hampton”

Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Webster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 16, 2012

While I'm not a big traveler, I love to stay at Hampton Inns -- they have the most comfortable beds in the world. This Hampton Inn, clearly a newer property, is really nice. A great location, right off the highway, although not much else was around (which is fine with me, I'm just mentioning it because you'll be in a kind of secluded location). The room was nicely sized and very clean. I loved the shades in the window -- it provided very nice privacy without actually having to close the curtains. Great service, good breakfast, a hotel Hampton can be proud of!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The beautiful hotel, the spacious room, the pool and spa, along with a great staff made our stay very enjoyable. The excellent free breakfast was nice too! Great coffee 24 Hrs a day! Free Wi-fi and business office thats very nice. Only one problem, the bathroom smelled moldy and the walk in shower drains looked filthy, but I was the only one in the room that noticed. My spouse says it's my OCD. The bathroom wasn't clean enough to meet my high standards.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
chrismellone, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester Webster, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our room cleanliness and apologize that the bathroom was not up to both of our standards. We truly appreciate your feedback and it will be a focus area for us going forward. We hope in the future you will consider us should your travels bring you back to Rochester.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This hotel is right off highway 104 but in a quiet location. Suburban areas and basic groceries are minutes away. The room was newer and well furnished. We liked the in room fridge and microwave, although we didn't use it much. We took two teenagers with us, the room with two full size beds was adequate but crammed. I recommend larger accommodations if you take anyone over the age of 8. The hotel breakfast had something for everybody, yet heavy on carbs. My high protein morning routine was difficult. The omelet was okay but next day only had the option of scrambled eggs, which were dry. Also, the oatmeal was way too sticky. Kids liked muffins, waffles, and cereal.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed overnight will touring the Rochester area. The hotel was very easy to get to, right off one of the major highways. We found we were pretty close to several parks and had plenty to do nearby. The room was comfortable and I loved the bed. The refrigerator was a small dorm size with no freezer. I felt it wasn't very cold for refreezing my ice pack but it got our drinks cool. The pool was a nice size and an acceptable temperature. The hot tub was nice and warm and helped ease away the aches of a long day on our feet. The breakfast in the morning was the standard offerings. There was a waffle machine, a premade omelet and sausages, cereals, muffins, bagels, fruit, oatmeal and yogurt. I am not a coffee drinker and I usually try a cup of hot chocolate when staying at these properties but they only offered tea as an optional hot drink. Overall I was very comfortable and I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. The hotel was very clean, had a friendly staff, the breakfast bar was well stocked with quality food and great coffee. The exercise room was
well equipped, big and clean. We even had time to use the pool and hot tub which also were in good shape. We stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and they usually meet our expectations but this one was above all the rest. We stayed here due to location vs our previous choice in Rochester NY, but I would stay here again vs. our normal Rochester choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We came upon this hotel by accident. We had spent longer at the Waterloo Outlets longer than planned and realized we would not make the border by dark. As we entered Webster, I looked in a Hampton Inn book we had. There was a listing for this one just as we were approaching Hard Road. We were surprised to see how new the property was. We went to the front desk and asked to see a room, as the previous nights' stay had been disappointing. The room was immaculate, as was the lobby and grounds. The desk clerk told us that the hotel takes pride in their housekeeping staff. We were able to get a room on the top floor and away from the elevators. She then assisted us with a map and pointed out some area restaurants. Breakfast the next morning had a great variety and was plentiful. When we checked out, we were even asked for feed back.
(Some nice shopping in the area, too.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We understand how easy it is to get caught up at the Waterloo outlets :) We are glad you chose us and that you had an excellent experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here Jun 15-17 for local soccer tournament. Overall good experience considering how busy it was with all the soccer players. The staff even handled a false fire alarm very well. Only suggestion is they need to add an easier access point to nearby bike path.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester East
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester Webster? Share your experiences!