“Excellent place to stay in rochester”
Review of Avalon Suites

Avalon Suites
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Avalon Corporate Suites is by far the best place to stay in Rochester. Everytime I travel back to Rochester from Colorado I stay at Avalon. Office manager Debbie is very helpful, friendly and always makes herself available to make my stay comfortable.
Greg who heads up maintenance does a wonderful job of keeping the property looking tidy and neat. JF

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank John F
David L, Director of Sales at Avalon Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank-you for the kind words about your stay with us at Avalon, and the positive comments about Debbie and Greg. They will appreciate your comments about their helpfulness and friendliness. We look forward to your next trip from Colorado!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Whenever I come to Rochester, NY to visit friends I stay at Avalon because it is cozy yet very efficient. I have gotten to know the staff and now feel that I am always with friends.
Their rates are terrific and you get your own apartment. Truly like being at home.
Staying at Avalon is truly a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Irma S
David L, Director of Sales at Avalon Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We're glad your experience at Avalon was "wonderful", and look forward to your return. I'll pass on your comments to our team members.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Avalon Corporate Suites is truly a home away from home. I can't think of a better and cozier place to stay in Rochester. I have been staying there on and off for approximately 10 years and it just keeps getting better and better. The staff is more than efficient. They are friendly, always available and willing to do all it takes to make a stay at Avalon perfect. The apartments are spacious, tastefully decorated, well furnished, luminous and so cozy that you really feel you are at home. Special touches like beautiful paintings contribute to creating a warm atmosphere. Surrounded by trees and grass, there are picnic tables and grills which can transform a stay at Avalon into a relaxing, outdoor experience as well.
Avalon is not only near to shopping areas and to the downtown district, but is also ideally located near the bay and many hiking areas. There is no better place to stay in Rochester .
As to the cost of a stay at Avalon, I can only say that it is much more affordable than any motel in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane Jean M
David L, Director of Sales at Avalon Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Your very kind words about Avalon are appreciated. We love our repeat guests, and 10 years is perhaps the record I've heard from our guests. We look forward to another return!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stay at Avalon Suites twice a year for 7 years now and is a great place to stay.
Everytime i arrive there it feels like coming home to me, the appartments are clean
and comfortable, the staff is very friendly and helpfull with everything.

Everything is closeby, like Wegmans, Walmart, Restaurants etc.

The location is great, the people are awesome, is the best place to stay for me

Maria Vermeulen

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank maria v

Maria, we look forward to your many return visits to Avalon as well. We're delighted that you chose us over the many alternatives that you have. I'll pass on your kind comments to other Avalon team members.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I travel very often on business to Rochester (I have a small business of my own) - my trips vary from 1 week to 6 weeks each time. I can sometimes plan in advance, but most times have just a week's notice.
I picked this place 'cos I could get the space/comforts of an apartment, for a reasonable price. Hotels for more than 2 weeks are hard on the pocket. I like the fact that there is ample parking, free wireless, location is great (Wegmans, running trails, eating joints, a couple of nice bars are all within a couple of miles.
The people are great - Debbie has helped solve any problem that I have (including leaving my car in their lot for a month when I was away at no charge).
I've now been there on and off for almost 2 years - I've seen that most residents are quiet and respectful of the other.
If at all there is scope for improvement, I guess it would be linked to the age of the property - it shows. So if you are particular about something new, then this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a convenient, safe, reasonable and friendly atmosphere, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors closer to the rental office - the wireless connectivity is better and it is a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank anandgcp

Your many repeat visits during the past two years are really appreciated. We value your comments about our great location, amenities, and what we need to work on. Thank-you again for being an Avalon guest, and referring others.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

I came to Avalon Suites in 2008 for an eight week assignment at a local power plant, eight weeks has turned into three years and running. People often ask why I don't stay in a condo or rented apartment well from my first week here I have felt at home.The buildings are kept up hallways and laundry rooms are cleaned daily, landscaped nicely and if you have ever been to the Rochester area you will know all about snow and Avalon keeps up with snow like you can't believe. I leave very early in the morning and in three years I have never had a propblem getting out. Now the apartments are clean, warm in winter and cool in summer and very safe. Most people that stay here are short stays professionals types and friendly. Shoping resturants and services are very close which is convenient. The staff and management are the best Debbie who manages Avalon Corporate Suites makes everone feel like family. I bring many long term and short term contractors in through out the year and reccomend them to Avalon Suits.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank fg6718
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Avalon Corporate Suites is located close to shopping, restaurants, parks and main attractions...only minutes from Rochester! The apartments are completely furnished, clean, safe and well maintained. They also provide storage units! The staff is very accomodating with management on site. If you need anything...just ask and they do their best to meet all requirements! Whether you need accomodations for just a few nights, a week, a month or longer...this is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Susan H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Webster
Hampton Inn Rochester Penfield
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Rochester East
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Avalon Suites? Share your experiences!