“Amazing food - incredible service! ”

Bona Ona Punta del Diablo
Description: Bona Ona has its roots in Spanish cuisine and the best seafood that Rocha has to offer. Specialty in paellas, fish, seafood and Spanish tapas. Rustic decoration and relaxed atmosphere in the picturesque fishing village of Punta del Diablo.
Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing night at Bona Ona! We had the croquettes which were incredibly creamy and light, for mains we had the pulpo and creamy rice with prawns - both so fresh and delicious. The hostess was super helpful and so warm and accomodating! Would highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

I had a lovely dinner at Bona Ona, a moderately priced restaurant with Spanish influences. The woman there was so kind and welcoming. She was very gracious in helping with recommendations. The garlic sauce that came with the bread was delicious. For my main course I had the rice with shrimps in a coconut sauce. Hot sauce and fresh pepper were brought for me to add to my taste which meat a good amount of hot sauce. A crisp dry Sauvignon Blanc was the white wine that came by the glass that paired nicely with the main course. The main course was a good portion but I have a sweet tooth, so to finish off the evening, I indulged and had the strawberry cheesecake. The cream of the cake, strawberry topping and the crust were all equally enjoyable and not too rich. It was a delightful and relaxing evening. Bona Ona is a short walk from the more populated oceanside restaurants and shops of Punta del Diablo. I like that it was in a more quiet location with ambiance music to accompany a relaxing evening. Not a big deal but be sure to bring cash as it’s a cash only restaurant. My only regret is I’m not in Punta del Diablo another evening to try something from the meat part of the menu. This is their second season in business. Wishing Bona Ona continued success!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

We got invited yesterday for the opening of this fabolous restaurant in Punta del Diablo,we sat on the terrace, it was about 10 of us.Manolo and Cristina welcomed us warmly with hugs, smiles and an amazing strawberry sangria.
We had a taste of few of the dishes they will be offering this year, such as Ravo de toro, Bruschetta with smoked salmon and red onion julienne, pulpo a la gallega and a delicious crema catalana.
Location, food and atmosphere: 10 out of 10!!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

A uruguaian with spanish style restaurant, we had the "pulpo" and it was great. Staff is very attentive and nice. Nice view to the beach

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Our first night in Punta Del Diablo we managed to find this gem! The staff were all able to speak English which helped. We ordered the paella, full of seafood and a bottle of the house Merlot, it was the perfect amount for us, and the free bread with garlic dip was amazing! In total is cost about $50 NZD ($1000 UYU) very much within our budget! I just wish we were able to try more on the menu - it all looked fabulous!

Date of visit: February 2018