My mom, kids and I spent 4 days and 3 nights at Posada Amazonas as part of our Road Scholar family adventure tour. Our guides (Luis, Oscar and Lisbeth - thank you!!) were amazing and the kids are still talking about the wildlife encounters. How many kids got to go fishing for piranha this summer? Truly a wonderful wildlife experience for all!! There's nothing you'll ever experience as cool as waking to the sound of red howler monkeys - just mystical! I so miss that! The food was great! Even my very picky son had no problems finding foods to eat. Lots of adventures for all levels of activity - there are a lot of stairs to and from the river, but my 75 yr old mother had no trouble and the guides made sure to assist those that needed it. The kids and I did the kayaking excursion which was great and though we're not experienced, we had no trouble! Before arriving, I was worried about sleeping and insects, but we were prepared and didn't even get one mosquito bite between us. We treated our clothing/gear with Permethrin before arriving and used a little Deet lotion on the hikes. Never even saw a mosquito in the lodge! (they were frequent on the walks however but didn't bother us with the repellant). We came during the dry season - the day temps averaged in the mid-80s and cooled down to the 70's overnight so sleeping was very comfortable. Showers were cold but refreshing. The power generator was on enough to keep phones and cameras charged and the Lodge has some Wifi service so I was able to get a note out to my husband. It was an experience of a lifetime for us! But we're looking forward to a return trip! Thank you Posada Amazonas!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve