We spent the first part of our trip to Peru in Posada Amazonas. We did the 3D/2N program, although I wish we had had time to do another night. We loved being there. We did similar activities to other reviewers and I think Posada Amazonas runs a great program. Our guide was Jorge. Although he is new, he did a fabulous job. I liked his quiet demeanor and he was constantly on the lookout for more wildlife to point out to us. For instance, he would use the binoculars to search for birds while we were on the boat to/from the lodge, when other guides were taking a moment to relax and chat. I agree with what others have said about the rooms also: they are comfortable (bed/hammock) and hot water is decent (although hard to control sometimes), but be aware there is not much privacy. It didn't bother us much, but some others in our group were disturbed by it. The food was great, there was plenty of variety at each meal so everyone could find something s/he liked. Another positive note was the water jugs that are available all over the property with clean water....having that is a must and also appreciated. Overall, an awesome time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve