We stayed here for a week while we waited for a boat to get back up to tambopata research centre where we were volunteering. We didn't have a guide as we weren't tourists but were invited along to do the activities. We were invited to a party after our first night there and although a lot of the staff didn't speak great English (or any English) we had never felt so welcome in our lives. My wife had here birthday while we were there and they went to extra special lengths to make a cake for her. I read some reviews here people complaining about gettig up early to do things. This is because first light that's when the animals are most active. After about 10-11 most the animals have a siesta until the main heat of the day has settled, around 3. We stayed at various places along the river and each was quite different. We didn't see as much wildlife here as we did in the research centre (7 hours further up river) but what we did see was mostly different and you could get fairly close to a lot of them.
When we were able to get a boat again we almost didn't want to leave. A fantastic place and you won't be disappointed if you come here
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve