Our family of 4 stayed at Posada for three nights in January . It was an excellent experience, with a perfect balance of varied activities and downtime. The staff were attentive and Rodolfo, our guide, had a great knowledge of the area; able to coax Tarantulas out of holes, and to teach us how to catch Piranha and climb vines. We were blessed with seeing heaps of wildlife including a baby Armadillo, a Tree Snake, heaps of cheeky Monkeys, Macaws, and a lot of super sized insects and not to forget, the Otter family.
The weather was just what I'd expect for the location - hot and muddy, but we had the 'gumboot confidence' able to slosh through any puddle. It all just added to the experience and created some amazing memories.
The food was tasty and plentiful and served as a buffet in a shared dining room.
I love the accommodation, it enhanced the Amazon experience; open walled rooms, comfortable beds, mosquito nets, no power, kerosene lamps and candles.
Put this one on your 'bucket list'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve