With both of us being beyond sixty, and the fact that we were with you from Dec. 17-20, it seems appropriate to mention that a honeymoon was the purpose of our visit.
What an adventure it was, and we came away with a lifetime of memories. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and so completely different from anything we had experienced before. From the moment we arrived at the lodge, and were greeted with cold towels and fresh pineapple juice, the stay was extraordinary. Not having television, phones, and all the other "noise" provided a chance to de-stress; lamp light and candles added the perfect touch at night. The daily adventures offered physical challenge as well as learning.
The staff was friendly, helpful, and ready to answer questions about everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve