Very nice lodge, offering exactly what I needed – the ultimate immersion with the rainforest. Very nice rooms, dining area, lobby, terrains…Spent super relaxing moments in the hammocks in the lobby space, looking and listening to the forest and reading – dreamy! And I believe the best experience was to fall asleep every day just next to the jungle, in my own, private mosquitiera, listening to the sounds – absolutely amazing. Also would like to recommend our guide, Rodolfo, very knowledgeable, with 10 years’ experience, easy going and very nice. As for the wildlife, we have seen quite plenty: all the kind of birds including macaws and parrots (the clay lick is great!), all kinds of frogs and bugs, huge ants (eechs), snake, tarantula and scorpion spider, the famous giant otters, tiny caiman, aguti, some monkeys as well is the huge ceiba trees – super!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Amazonas is a 30 bedroom lodge owned by the Native Community of Infierno and managed with Rainforest Expeditions. Thanks to its accessibility, excellent wildlife observation opportunities, cultural context and comfortable accommodations, Posada Amazonas is ideal for a two night introduction to Tambopata's rain forests. It is located within the territory of the Infierno Community, built within the 2,000 hectare, private, communal reserve, which in turn is directly adjacent to the Tambopata National Reserve. Posada Amazonas was selected to be among the Best Eco Hotels in 2014 by Gogobot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Posada Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Amazonas Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Posada Amazonas Peru/Tambopata National Reserve