We stayed here in April this year and it was a tremendous experience. The staff were amazing. My partner got sick while here and they looked after her splendidly -- even to making her special food. The place is exceptional -- set in the jungle where you can hear the sounds of the creatures both day and night, especially since one side of the room is open. The beds were amazingly comfortable, tightly bound in by mosquito netting so you couldn't get bitten in the night and although the walls didn't go to the ceiling we didn't have a problem with noise. The nature walks were wonderful -- we saw many strange and beautiful things. The food was excellent -- everything prepared to prevent upsets, great choices, and so fresh. I don't know how they do it since everything is brought downriver by boat. This is a don't miss visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve