our family of 4 and my aunt/nephew had the best experience at TRC. We booked our trip with Ecologistica Peru. TRC was a natural wonderland. The sounds were incredible! a testament to the incredible biodiversity. We saw so many animals, the macaws are so beautiful and they come right to the lodge, a treat to watch so up close! the monkeys are incredible to watch. We lucked out and saw a Harpy Eagle on her nest. We were fortunate to observe the researchers doing their work and got to see baby macaws. The accommodations were perfect! The food YUMM! I would recommend it to anyone up for an adventure, our group range in ages from 11 years old to 70 years old! Everyone enjoyed it!The tree climb was pretty challenging but totally worth it. The trip to the macaw lick was magical, to see the macaws arrive and fly with the gorgeous early morning sun, perfect to photograph. TRC was a cozy perfect spot! and the hammocks are a great place to relax after our morning walks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve