We did the 6 day trip to Tambopata Research Center. It's a long boat ride up there, but well worth it. Our guides, Jose Antonio and Mari Carmen, were extremely knowledgable about the flora and fauna, and they had amazing eyesight, spotting birds sitting on remote branches in the dark tree canopy. And the accommodations were far better than I expected from a remote rainforest lodge: comfortable rooms with mosquito nest, tasty - and plentiful - food (even for us vegetarians), and who would have expected WiFi in the rainforest?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve