It may be highly rated, but our three nights there were very disappointing. The food was tasteless, poorly presented and boring. Breakfasts were only marginally better. The cook (was there one?) definitely needs to go back to school. Bar service was poor (no Pisco Sour because of lack of ice). Lodge ran out of gas so cold showers only. Forget the clay-licks in May, although you will be taken out there before sun-rise just in case a parrot has his/her calendar mixed up. There is nothing around at that time of the year I think. All in all the place looked terribly understaffed and poorly managed. On the bright side the guides are very good and worth a special recommendation. The lodge also offers a good selection of bad-weather gear.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve