Place is average. Nothing great. Food was good. About jungle experience, please ask them to show you the ratings of their guide. They provided us a very bad guide who had no knowledge and couldnt even show us a monkey. while going back we checked his rating and it was below average. We felt bad paying them so much as travelling is one time experience. The bathrooms are really far from the rooms. They charged us for 4 days and 3 nights food included. But on the way back thts our 4th day, they did not provide us any food since morning 6 a.m. to post noon 3 p.m. We found some place in the city and ended up having sandwiches for the whole day. Only dinner is proper, everything else is small quantities, so they save on food but charge a lot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve