We spent a night at Refugio Amazonas with Rainforest Expeditions, two nights at the Tambopata Research Center, and another night at Refugio Amazonas with our 10 year old grandson the first part of September. This was a wonderful trip - beyond our expectations. We wish we had spent three nights at the Research Center - or a week! We had wonderful weather and the experience of watching the birds come to the clay lick was breath taking. Our wonderful guide, Oscar, was very knowledgeable and extremely generous with our grandson. We are nature lovers but don't consider ourselves birders. We consider this one of our favorite trips ever. I was concerned about the open rooms but we had no problems and all slept well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tambopata Research Center (TRC) is a spartan yet comfortable 18 bedroom lodge with 8 shared bathrooms. Because of its remote location in uninhabited wilderness, housing stable populations of endangered wildlife, the small scale of its infrastructure and operations and the presence of researchers and naturalist guides, Tambopata Research Center is an excellent headquarters for in depth explorations of Amazonian nature and wildlife. It is located in a half hectare clearing in the middle of the uninhabited portion of the Tambopata National Reserve, less than a kilometer from the world's largest and most diverse macaw claylick. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Tambopata Research Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambopata Research Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Tambopata Research Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve