“Best Hostal in Pisco”

Ranked #1 of 23 Pisco B&B and Inns
Denver
“Best Hostal in Pisco”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent a total of 3-nights at Hostal Tambo Colorado and were pleasantly surprised by how nice the stay was. Though the city of Pisco has fallen on hard times as of late, this hostal goes along way towards making you feel welcome and encourages you to get out and explore the area.

The staff took great care of us and were incredibly helpful with arranging tours and getting us properly oriented. This is particularly nice in a somewhat grittier city like Pisco and I was glad that we decided to spend a little extra time here instead of pushing on after only a day.

The room was clean and contained the essentials, such as comfortable beds and dressers for storage. Our bathroom was also clean and tidy, with plenty of hot water. The only real problem we had with the room was that ours was located beneath the stairs to the second story and every morning we awoke to the sounds of footsteps on creaky wooden panels. Not terribly bad, but I would avoid this particular room in the future.

Good walking distance (1 block) from the Plaza de las Armas and several fairly good restaurants. The proximity to the plaza is especially nice in the evening when the town gets a bit rougher and venturing too far off path is not a great idea.

All in all a good place for good value. Recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid the large 4-person room beneath the stairs, as it gets a bit noisy with people walking immedia...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I only stayed here for one night, but what a nice place! The owners were especially nice people and my room was lovely. I had a very nice breakfast in the morning and they arranged for my transportation to/from the bus station and for my tour of Isla Ballestas. I really liked the pueblo also. It is still recovering from a serious earthquake that happened about five years ago. So, if you are visiting Paracas or Isla Ballestas, stay in Pisco (after all - it is the birthplace of the Pisco Sour) and help the local people. You'll love Hostal Tambo Colorado and they'll get you to the coast for your tour in plenty of time. There's also a great restaurant on the square called El Dorado to have that Pisco Sour and some delicious fish!

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lencois, BA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I arrived at the bus terminal expecting to have to find a taxi, and there was a man there to meet me and usher me to a taxi, which was the first pleasant surprise. The hostel is just off the main square, and I was further impressed on my arrival - the rooms are nice and big (I was staying alone in a double), and very reasonably priced. The breakfast was excellent, and the staff all very friendly and helpful.
Pisco is noisy - there is the constant tooting of taxi horns - but despite being so close to the busy centre of the town I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would certainly return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I travelled to Pisco with eleven students from the US. The owners, Carlos and Carla, took wonderful care of us! We stayed for a week and a half and were very comfortable. The hostel is clean, welcoming, and safe. You can walk to restaurants and bars from the hostel, as well. They also helped me with touristic activities such as Paracas. The staff were also all very helpful and kind. I highly suggest staying at this hostel!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

I had emailed Hostal Tambo Colonial the day before my arrival to check availability but hadn´t been able to get back online to confirm my booking so was really impressed when someone was waiting at the bus stop (which is quite far out of town) with my name on a card who then took my friend and me to the Hostel.

We aslo booked our Islas de Ballestas tour with them and had a great trip and the price was the same as everywhere else if not better.

Our room was nice and clean and the staff were unbelievably friendly and very very helpful, I would definitely recommend Hostal Tambo Colorado to anyone!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Hotel with very good service, polite and very friendly. The team was waiting until 00:30 when we reached the hotel.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with large bathrooms and hot water all the time.
We arranged through the hotel Baaistas Islands cruise, including collection and return to the hotel.
Breakfast excellent and varied. The hotel has a nice courtyard with seating areas.
Easy access, close to the main square. Has WIFI and parking inside the hotel.
In summary: It is highly recommended for those planning a trip to the city or lodging in PARACAS.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Very nice and good location, 3 minutes from the plaza. The room is pretty and clean with a good bathroom, but we didn't have all the time hot water. There is free WiFi and a nice courtyard. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast costs 7 soles and is okay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple