I stayed in Hacienda del Porvenir last week while traveling Ecuador with my mother and while both the hacienda and the surrounding landscape were absolutely beautiful, we almost froze in room 16. I have over a year's experience traveling in South America and after investing $80 in a room we were expecting extreme comfort. After sundown the room became unbearably cold, the two space heaters provided by the hacienda made little difference as there was a steady cold breeze entering in from around the windows, when I went down to reception at 11pm everyone had gone to bed and there was no one to help, and when I awoke the next morning the hot water in the shower ran out after 5 minutes. Our time there was salvaged by an absolutely amazing 4 hour horseback tour, which made all of the discomfort with the trouble (more or less), but after returning from the ride the lack of warm water had still not been fixed.
Location: Ecuador > Cotopaxi Province
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 33 B&Bs / Inns in Cotopaxi Province
Price Range: $112 - $205 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hacienda El Porvenir / Tierra del Volcan 3*
Number of rooms: 22
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra del Volcan is specialized on the Cotopaxi Volcano area in Ecuador, South America. We offer Ecotourism and Adventure Travel in 2 traditional Andean Haciendas (Hacienda El Porvenir and Hacienda El Tambo) each with its own magic, ecosystem and distinctive climate and traditional farmhouses. These haciendas are still productive and managed under environmental conservation standards. With us you can experience the Andes in their maximum intensity, discovering the charisma of its inhabitants, the diversity of its natural settings, the energy of the high plain and the adrenaline rush of living an adventure with experts. We offer Horseback riding, mountain biking, trekking, hiking, mountain climbing and more. We can offer tours from 1 day up to 7 days. We have been recommended by CNN, Travel+ Leisure, Outside, AFAR and Men's Journal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda El Porvenir / Tierra del Volcan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda El Porvenir/ Tierra Del Volcan Hotel Cotopaxi Province
- Hacienda El Porvenir / Tierra Del Volcan Ecuador/Cotopaxi