“4 hour lunch”

Ranked #12 of 119 Restaurants in Talca
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very local hang out and very busy ........You have to get the Chancho en piedra and empanadas.
very good price and the bread is great and good wine.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great local food in a good local hangout.--offers smoking/no smoking areas--this is not a fancy place, but the pollo mariscal (chicken/shellfish stew) is about the best available in this area...very informal and somewhat rustic, but comfortable and very reliable food.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

The origin of this name is quite interesting: this restaurant was known as "La Chelita". When people came to the area where it is still located, they asked in the restaurant which was (and maybe is) next door about whether that restaurant was "La Chelita", and the owners of that other restaurant, a bit frustrated and annoyed that the customers preferred to eat somewhere else, asked "Oh, where the dirty ladies cook? It is next door". So, don't be misled by the name: this place is heaven on Earth. It is cheap, the food is delicious and abundant. Try the "Pollo Mariscal" (enough for 3 and 4 people) CLP 10,000; a bottle of incredible Miguel Torres Merlot Reserva is only CLP 6,500; don't forget to order "sopaipillas" and "pan amasado" which you can enjoy with an awesome "pebre" or "chancho en piedra". After eating here, you'll have to go over the bridge to the other side of the River Claro to have a glass of "mote con huesillos". Later, the world may come to an end, but you will be so happy that you won't care a bit. Next time you are in Talca, go to the BEST PICADA in Chile's south, as some people call Las Viejas Cochinas.

1  Thank Luchoruiz
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Easy to reach. Altough the map adress is wrong. Its right after rio claro bridge; make a right just out of the bridge, road divides, stick right. You aré there. Mail me if you want the iPhone map Fav.

I'm sitting at the place right now. Alone (buuu!), so you guys will get a step by step review.

Its packed. Easy to get a table tho.
Long waiting time, 20 mins.
Dish looks good! I ordered a Plateada a lo Pobre, the salad is really small.
Meat is great! The fries so so; Too salty. Loved the eggs, must say that the onion was too strong.
By the way the River is beautyfull.

I'm half way and pretty satisfied jejeje. Folks in the place looks 30/70 foreign/local. Its friday lunch time btw.
Desserts variuos fruirts and ice cream; nothing more. Meh, I was feeling like something super sweet. Finally ordered peaches, no cream.
When the dessert gets here I'll ask for an expresso and the check.
lots of families, that's nice, buumer mine is in another city.
If this review thing would allow to upload pictures from mobiles you guys would had get pics from the place, dish, etc.
I just recalled, my Mail for the real location is [--]
ok the guy that takes the orders is way to focus on the TV to
pay attention.

Ok no expressos, Nescafe instead. The peaches aré those you get in cans, on their juice. Just lost a point on the general scale.
A really loe check would be a "review saver".
Ok no idea what look I had on my face, but another guy from the restaurant came to suggest me I should go to the cashier and pay there because my garçon is "moody"; hilarious.
I'm on a great mood by the way, so I'm up for some more waiting for my moody guy.
Coffee is good by the way. I should mention that there was a huge earthquake on this part of Chile like 3 months ago, a lot of houses destroyed so I'm not blaming a guy for been moody; no idea what's his story.

Oh my god!! Down to 20% of battery. Heading to pay.

Ok, time for the numbers:
Dish+salad+dessert+expresso= $6.650.- chilean pesos
pretty cheap; off I go hope you guys enjoyed the review.
The place? Decent but not something i'd detour to go.

Chao!

1  Thank LoneTooth
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We visited for 2nd time this place, the first time was quite good a year ago, we have this time the same as last year, the famous chiken and mariscos soup, ..this time quite disgusting...the soup was sour and the 'mussels were full of sand ..could not eat them...the bread ' pan amasado', was too salty...! the only thing acceptable was the wine and the pico sour. Very dissapointed. It seams the soup was the left over of other clients.. Hope they change.. not a good place to visit.

1  Thank AnitaSalinas