“Gay tropical paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pousada Club Banana Country

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cabo de Santo Agostinho
Hotel Pousada Club Banana Country
New York City, New York
“Gay tropical paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Been going every year with the same two friends. The garden and pool are 5 star. Rooms are basic and not for those who require luxury in the jungle. Difficult to leave the property where the host/owners take great care of us.
Surrounding area has great beaches. Recife and Olinda close enough for touring.
If you are looking for peace and quiet this is the place.
If you want more excitement, it can be arranged.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveller10011

Families
Business
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

we had a stay for three weeks there and it was simple unforgettable fantastic. the nature in this clean and tidy resort is overwhelming, a real little paradise. the beaches are a 10minutes walk downhill and are huge! though it is (still) not a very touristic area (something we appreciated most!) you can find peace and relaxation. the pool ist clean and invites always to have a refreshing bath in the hot tropic sun.
it was my first trip to the tropics, so i had to accustom myself to the climate, but every room has big fans to get a cool breeze which made it very bearable.
the two owners are really busy to satisfy your needs and wishes; they make you feel very much at home - if you like that! if you like to eat or drink they are always in service. the prices are moderate. we will return for sure to this place as we enjoyed our stay very very much.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank felixffm
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

P.s. Recife/Permanbucco does not do 5* luxury, in the western European context. Although there are numerous that will claim they do, and happily charge you at 5* rates.
Banana Country is what it claims to be....Safe, clean, relaxed and modestly priced.

I was collected at the airport by a name plaque carrying taxi driver, who is known personally to the onsite owners and managers.

I arrived some 30 minutes later and was driven into a paradise hideaway that was a rainbow of stunning colours echoing the sounds of a contented wildlife.

The pool is clean and spacious and I used it continuously!

My chalet was clean, spacious and totally functional. The absence of aircon was more than aptly compensated by the large wall mounted fans. In fact I had to turn my fan off at night or I would have ended up freezing cold.

You do get mosuitos in the evening (fancy that, mosquitos in a jungle)! However anti mosquito repellent meant I had no issue with them atall. I also invested £10 in a 'room repellet' and I slept like a baby.

The onsite owners were wonderful. As a single traveller, they introduced me to their local friends, who introduced me to their friends.

Every day I had a host of volunteers who by bus, bike or in their own cars, took me to visit a host of local sites. I was wined and dined on the beautiful beaches of Guipo and Jaboatem and was even serenaded for a safe journey home by the locals of a 'favells' bar.

The locals are warm, friendly and open-minded and solo travellers only have to remain alone if it is their wish.

I am by nature. more of a cynic than a romantic, so bear that in mind when I tell you, you truly will arrive as a visitor and leave as a friend.

I can't wait to go back...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tonyg44
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

advertised on their website as a gay resort near the beaches south of recife, this place is a depressing dump. I booked a nine night stay, arrived to see a faded and ripped gay pride flag at the entrance after driving more than a kilometer on a rutted dirt road. located in the middle of a rainforest, the place is swarmed with mosquitoes. there is no air conditioning and the one night I stayed I got eaten alive by mosquitos. While the owners are nice the place looks like it has not been maintained in 15 years. The room had cobwebs by the bed and mildew in the fridge. It smelled bad, everything had a moldy odor and there is no hot water. The pool was not too clean and the spa or hottub looked like a pond for frogs with all the algae. I was also informed when I arrived that I was the only guest expected except for some of their friends who would be there that weekend. It was so depressing I left early the next morning and drove down to Porto Gallinas to find other accomodation. The website is totally misleading, the pictures must be 15 years old.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo