“Lots of wildlife, great guide”
Review of Pantanal Nature

Pantanal Nature
More attraction details
Owner description: Pantanal Nature is only specialized company based in Cuiaba for Pantanal tours (only), 100% Pantanal Nature. Tapirs, Otters, Monkeys, Jaguars, Capybaras and bird species can be seen on the tour. Activities include hikes , walks, jeep safari, night outings, canoe tours with excellent bilingual guides. The company is run by Ailton Lara , a wildlife naturalist guide with a degree in environmental management for natural conservation, fluent in english, Spanish and off course Portuguese. Welcome !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were only able to do a four day tour with Pantanal Nature and I wish we had been able to stay longer. Nevertheless, we saw an amazing amount of wildlife and had a great time.

Our guide, Ailton, was very knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife, especially the birds. He was enthusiastic and seems to enjoy his job a great deal. In addition to his excellent ability to identify birds, he was able to find us a good number of mammals (including four jaguars). On two occasions while driving at night we saw an animal cross the road in front of us (a raccoon and a fox), and he was able to make noises to lure the animal back out onto the road. It was quite impressive. Ailton is one of the best guides I've ever had in terms of knowledge and enthusiasm.

The food and lodging were simple, but more than adequate. The food was a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The staff was always friendly and we were comfortable.

I would highly recommend Pantanal Nature for anyone wishing to visit the Pantanal.

1  Thank Coral_999
Pantanal N, Owner at Pantanal Nature, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2016

I always liked to be a tour guide and meet lots of people from everywhere, guiding just make me very relax , nice to be in the nature , in the wild and with people !
Thank you for the tour comments, loved that !

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"marsh deer"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Within 2 weeks we sighted all the animals in our check list trouble free. Macaws, Toucans, juguars, giant otters, armadillos, tapirs, primates and more. We had a local guide Mr Fiavio from Wapashana tribe, he is obviously not a sophisticated city folk, but an excellent naturist, great at monitoring the sight and sound of nature and we learnt a lot from him. The lodging at most places are basic, clean and with limiter wifi. Food are mainly Pantanarial style with beef, fish, salad, rice and beans plus very sweet dessert- basic hearty good food. Remember this is an experience for wildlife watching , not some kind of luxury spa retreat. The service from Ailton, Vera and Fiavio are sincere and attentive. I would highly recommend that you engage their service.

4  Thank Fanny L

We have a great team and the visitors complement us, together we are unique !
Thank you for your review !
Thank you so much.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The purpose of our trip was to photograph wildlife, and we were not disappointed. Pantanal Nature Wildlife Tours arranged our 13 days trip to our full satisfaction (including 2 days to Nombres, with the most amazing freshwater snorkeling). Prompt reply to all inquiries, at an excellent attention to detail. At the end of the trip we needed a good dentist, and Ailton personally booked an appointment and went along to translate.

We saw an amazing variety of bird species and macaws, and 6 different jaguars of which we have good photos of 3. We saw a total of 4 different tapirs, two families of giant river otters, which was most enjoyable. We had 2 close encounters with armadillos, saw 3 types primates, an ocelot, several encounters with the South American coatis, wild boars and deers, yes the list goes on, a lot of it thanks to our most competent guide.

Brazil is not a cheap destination, but if you have been several times to Africa, Pantanal is the place to go; it offers you a special experience in the dry season where the concentration of wildlife is probably double up what you will see in most other destinations, and the variety of amazing bird species is really impressive.

If you go, we can highly recommend Pantanal Nature Wildlife Tours.

1  Thank PolarbearSingapore

We have been enjoying your pictures published, an amazing job. Thank you for your review and if you need some help in Brazil, just give me a call.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I work as a wildlife filmmaker and I have been with several different guides, and Ailton was, with no doubt, one of the greatest guides I ever had. He is a very kind person and always eager to help, and also a great naturalist that knows where to find the animals and predict their behavior. He loves what he does and is always happy and enthusiastic about help his clients to get good photos or videos of the amazing animals of Pantanal. I have been traveling with Pantanal Nature 2 times and have no complains at all. Their boats are very comfortable and new, and the accommodations they select are comfortable and well located. I definitely recumbent!

Dear Joao,
I keep watching your nature programs in Brazil about the Pantanal, please keep up the good work and inspiring the world to love nature.
Thank you for your comments, an amazing review !
Ailton

See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I just finished reading some of the other reviews and I'd like to start my review with a review of the reviews. If you are looking for a luxury vacation in a five star hotel, go someplace else. I guess you can get wildlife and luxury at some of the game parks in Africa but probably you're more looking for Disney's Animal Kingdom. The support and amenities required for that type of accommodation would destroy the ecosystem you claim you want to see. Yes, facilities are basic but they are sufficient. You might be a little hot or a little cold. If you can't handle that, don't go.

I went to the Pantanal specifically to view capybaras. I'm something of a capybara expert since I keep one as a pet and have a popular blog about him at www.GiantHamster.com. Ailton Lara and Pantanal Nature were recommended to me by Cristian Dimitrius, a well-known adventure/wildlife photographer/TV personality in Brazil and he is a person who knows what he is talking about. He did not steer us wrong.

Ailton was our guide for the four days we spent in the Pantanal, two at the Jaguar Reserve Lodge and two at Rio Claro. I could not have been more impressed with him. It started on our drive down the long Transpanateria, which is honestly in better shape than the 1/4 mile of dirt road I have to drive to get to my home in Texas. Maybe that's because we were there in the dry season. Anyway, at one point a crab eating fox appeared in the briefly in headlights but disappeared almost as soon as we saw him. Ailton stopped the van, rolled down his window and make a series of weird sounds through cupped hands. And the fox CAME BACK! It gave him the most quizzical look that was just priceless. Later he did the same thing with a crab eating raccoon. For the animals and birds that Ailton could not make the calls for, he carried an iPad and a speaker and was often able to get shy animals to come to us. Amazing!

Another of Ailton's incredible skills is the ability to recognize every type of bird in the Pantanal from just the briefest glimpse or sometimes a quiet call among the cacophony of other birds. Bring a good pair of binoculars for your trip because Ailton will say something like, oh that one has a little yellow spot on the top of its head which you will swear is not there until the bird moves just so and you see it.

Since I was there to see capybaras, Ailton focused my trip on these amazing but totally unappreciated animals. He knew just where to find them and he knew how to position us so that we got close, had a good angle and had good light for photography. That is very important to me, that he knew where I needed to be to get good photos. We even got to see a jaguar (one of four we spotted on our trip even though we were not focused on them) that was stalking a capybara!

If you'd like to hear more about my trip or see photos, you can go to my blog and look at the posts for mid September 2013.

It was a pleasure to meet you in person and take you on a wildlife trip in the Pantanal, I have seen you on the TV and then few months later I got to see you again, but this time on a real life. Take care. Thank you for a positive review. Thank you very much.

Been to Pantanal Nature? Share your experiences!