“Amazing Adventure!”
Review of Pantanal Nature

Pantanal Nature
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Cuiaba
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature and wildlife trips in the Pantanal, best value for money. The only tour for the Pantanal to get the certificate of excellence in Trip Advisor since 2009. Our tours have been features in many guidebooks for almost 2 decades. Guided trips with an english speaking tour guide with daily departures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I loved my adventure with Pantanal Nature Wildlife Tours! Ailton the organizer, and Edison, the tour guide, were incredibly conscientious about our every need. They made us feel like honored guests, and were extremely eager to please! I let them know in advance that I'm a strict vegan (vegetarian with no eggs/milk/honey) and they made sure to speak to the kitchen staff, translate any questions I had into Portuguese, and make sure everything was perfect. The accommodations were first class! It was such a peaceful setting, sometimes we wished we could just hang at the lodge and sit by the pool. But, there was so much to see and do! The only downside was very limited Internet, but while you're out there why would you want to waste your time on the Internet anyway?? I was advised that there was a router issue, and the wifi signal was only available in and just outside the reception area. I was told that should be fixed soon.

They even included rides to/from the hotel in Cuiaba, and the airport the next morning. Plus, they take credit cards, provided the bill in USD, and were extremely responsive by e-mail. Ailton speaks excellent English, which was also very helpful!

1 Thank Eric B
Pantanal N, Owner at Pantanal Nature, responded to this review, October 15, 2016
Thank you for evaluation for our entire operation, thank you for your feedback.

Philadelphia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A fantastic tour of La Pantanal”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

La Pantanal is a beautiful, unique place. To truly get the most from your trip and understand the environment, you need to have a tour guide that is truly superb. We were lucky enough to book with Pantanal Nature and have Edilson as our guide. He was so knowledgeable of the land, people and animals. We would not have seen or learned even a small portion of what we experienced if we didn't have him guiding us. I think to have a great tour of the Pantanal it really depends on your guide so I recommend Pantanal Nature and Edilson without any hesitation.

2 Thank Marta B
Pantanal N, Manager at Pantanal Nature, responded to this review, October 15, 2016
Thank you so much for the positive review !
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“exceptional !!! a Must!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just returned from a 5 days trip with Pantanal Nature. Despite reading in advance all the superlatives in the other reviews , Ailton and Edilson were still able to amaze us. Their service was simply impeccable from the get go. As we stumbled off our delayed flight in Cuiaba at 2 AM and looked for the taxi stand, there was Ailton, who decided to pick us up and take us to the hotel. As we unload the suitcases, Ailton hands us 5 cartons of Soy milk that he purchased for me, the vegan (one for each day-"just in case it is very hot in the car" he says). Actual trip started the next morning. Edilson, our guide, was terrific- knowledgeable, pleasant & a true gentleman. Our days were packed ; hiking, horse back riding (in the swamps), snorkeling, boating, daily night safari's. Lodges were simple ,but well selected& the food was very fresh and delicious . They were even able to accommodate my vegan diet. Edilson worked tirelessly to ensure our enjoyment and suit the trip to our preferences. This trip was the highlight of our 2.5 weeks in Brazil ! They love their work and it shows ! Ossi, NY

4 Thank ossi718
To have a vegan food here is fine, when we know someone is vegan we just keep in touch with the chef and all will be fine. Thank you for the feedback.
London
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Awesome!! Best trip ever!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from the four day three night pantanal trip and it was amazing!!! The upfront organisation is excellent and very well managed by Ailton. The actual trip was brilliant, very professional. The day was packed with amazing activities horse riding, canoeing, hiking, sunrise boat trips, night safari etc, you can do as much or as little as you like. Our guide, Edilson, was fantastic, professional, kind and so knowledgeable about all the animals, plus great at spotting them. He never tired and was always working to ensure we had the best experience and made the trip fun. I've travelled a lot and this is one of the best trips I've ever taken, they constantly strive to impress and do they're best. I highly recommend them and am planning my next trip back!

Visited April 2013
It is so nice to hear the guests saying good things, but we just do our work, off course we are humans and love to share experiences and here in the Pantanal we do our best assist all our guests. Thank you for your positive review !
Canberra, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Hands down the best tour I have been on.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It has been a while since I took this tour but it still stands out in my mind as the best tour I have ever taken. I am not sure I can express adequately in words how much I enjoyed it.

I was asked by the tour guide Ailton before we arrived if there was anything in particular I would like to see and I expressed I would love to see a Tapir which is my favourite animal but can be quite difficult to find. The first night we were there we went out looking for Tapirs and saw a group quite quickly and then another one the next day. Without a doubt that was one of the highlights of my life so far.
Apart from Tapirs we saw so many other animals and birds and this review would be too long if I listed them all but they included an armadillo.

Ailton has a wonderful energy and knows so much about nature and his local area. He has an extraordinary ability to find animals hiding anywhere. He is also genuinely interested in learning about you and your country. I have never before seen a guide of his quality. He has so much knowledge and such abilty plus he is so likeable. He speaks English fluently.

I will never forget driving along the main Pantanal road when suddenly the car stopped and Ailton jumped out, ran back about 200m and came racing back with a tarantula to show us. He wanted to move it off the road so another car would not hit it.

The tour was well planned with just the right amount of down time. Every day the activities were rewarding and varied.

The food was some of the freshest and most delicious food I had in all of Brazil.The accomodation was comfortable and had everything we needed.

At night when we weren't off looking for animals we could relax and sing along with Ailton and his guitar as well as the other tour guides. We sang along to traditional Pantanal music as well as modern songs and had a wonderful time.

Our tour was for 4 days and given it was the quiet time of the year there was just my sister and I on the tour. At the end of the tour we were delivered back to our hotel in Cuiaba and Ailton told us he would be back at dinner time to drop us off at a good restaurant for dinner as there were none close to the hotel. He made us a copy of all the Pantanal songs we sang along with which I still treasure to this day. After that he came back in the middle of the night to take us to the airport. I have never seen service like that before and I was so impressed.

In terms of price this tour was worth every cent an was not overly expensive.

I would recommend this tour to anyone without hesitation.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank ktm76
Thank you for the amazing review, we hope you will be back to Brazil one day and do the tour again !